Highlighted

2018 IRS Forms--Can't save data

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been filling out IRS PDFs and saving the form data for YEARS.  Now, with the 2018 IRS Forms, I'm getting the "You cannot save data typed into this form" error.

I've tried this on both WIn 10 & Win 7, downloading the pdf file through every browser I have (Chrome, FireFox, IE, Edge)

What gives?  What am I doing wrong?  Did the IRS mess up their forms this year?  I can still open the 2017 forms, but the security properties look different on them.  The 2018 files say Filling of Form Fields is allowed, but Page Extractions, Commenting, Signing, Creation of Template Pages, and Document Assembly is not allowed.

Here is the link to a form I'm having issues with:https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1065.pdf

I tried downloading the trial of Adobe Acrobat DC to edit the PDF, but the Adobe download servers keep failing 1/4 of the way through the download.  I may try again later tonight.

In the meantime, any idea here?  Am I doing something wrong, or is the only answer to download Adobe DC and edit the PDFs myself?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

2018 IRS Forms--Can't save data

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been filling out IRS PDFs and saving the form data for YEARS.  Now, with the 2018 IRS Forms, I'm getting the "You cannot save data typed into this form" error.

I've tried this on both WIn 10 & Win 7, downloading the pdf file through every browser I have (Chrome, FireFox, IE, Edge)

What gives?  What am I doing wrong?  Did the IRS mess up their forms this year?  I can still open the 2017 forms, but the security properties look different on them.  The 2018 files say Filling of Form Fields is allowed, but Page Extractions, Commenting, Signing, Creation of Template Pages, and Document Assembly is not allowed.

Here is the link to a form I'm having issues with:https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1065.pdf

I tried downloading the trial of Adobe Acrobat DC to edit the PDF, but the Adobe download servers keep failing 1/4 of the way through the download.  I may try again later tonight.

In the meantime, any idea here?  Am I doing something wrong, or is the only answer to download Adobe DC and edit the PDFs myself?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 07, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered this many, many  times with various government forms.   The olny thing that works for me is downloading the document and opening it directly inside full scale Acrobat DC.  

I just tested it with the form in your link which is a READ ONLY file when viewed from my browser's API.  But  after downloading and lanching it in Acrobat DC, the fields are indeed fillable and the document can be saved if you rename it.

This time of year, I guess the Acrobat servers are getting a lot of traffic.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The IRS doesn't add the reader extension to the form.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2019 0