Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D PDF not working on Mac

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have generated a 3D PDF using Solidworks 2018. I can see it fine on my computer. I emailed it to several people and everyone else can see it fine except for one colleague of mine who is using a Mac. I have sent him 3D PDFs before and he has been able to view them. He has a 3D PDF that I sent him a few weeks ago and he can view that file just fine. However, with this model I am currently working with, when he tries to open the 3D PDF, he gets a blank model that shows up. He can rotate the model screen and see the coordinate system rotating, but nothing is there in the model viewer or the model tree. I recreated the 3D PDF today and sent him another copy of it and he still can't get this specific one to view for him.

Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Hello Alexm,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please ask your colleague to check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader.

Navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit>Preferences>PageDisplay>Under rendering>change the "Smooth text" and see if this brings any difference.

Also, under Page Content and Information>Select "Show large Images"

Then from Edit>Preferences>3D & Multimedia>Under Render optio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Alexm,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please ask your colleague to check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader.

Navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit>Preferences>PageDisplay>Under rendering>change the "Smooth text" and see if this brings any difference.

Also, under Page Content and Information>Select "Show large Images"

Then from Edit>Preferences>3D & Multimedia>Under Render options>Change the "Preferred Renderer" from DirectX 9 to Software and Vice versa>Click OK and check.

If your colleague is still facing the issue and getting a blank PDF, ask to reset the Adobe Reader's Preferences, to reset the Preferences, refer to the steps mentioned in the article How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

You may also refer to the following Adobe article and discussion Troubleshoot image issues, work with 3D models in your PDF, and analyze objects by using various too...

Cannot view 3D PDFs on an Apple computer

What is the dot version of Adobe Reader installed on your colleague's computer? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Is it a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of OS installed?

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines