• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

89/5000 Open a pdf file with password in a webbrowser without typing the known password.

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I use VB.NET

I have a question to ask you!

I use iTextSharp library, with which I enter the password for each pdf file needed by my little project.

The number of pdf files increases for some actions / functions of the aforementioned project.

Passwords reside in a DB table, so they are known and known.

Now I ask, is it possible to open these pdf files from a code in a webbrowser (with a construct that contains the password), without having to enter it from time to time?

I use this code: WebBrowser1.navigate (path_e_namefile.pdf & #password: "xyz" #) but nothing happens.

All this in order to avoid that annoying password request when opening these files.

Obviously, if I manually enter the password, this pdf file is normally opened inside the webbrowser.

Could someone help me or give me directions on how to orient myself?

Thanks Infinte

CarloRaffaele

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I use VB.NET

If that means you are not using an Adobe program, such as Acrobat or Reader, you need to ask in a forum for the product you are using

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AcrobatReaderDC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reader has no COM API that allows a password to be used for either local or web files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines