• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

a font package is required

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open a form on the sac county court website, but I am unable to.  I have confirmed that I have the latest version of Reader.   It gives me an error.  It says "a font package is required to correctly display this page".  And continues on and asks me to click OK.  When I do this, nothing happens and I am still unable to open the contents of the document.  I disabled my internet security to see if it was blocking it, but I don't know what else to do.  I had this problem several months ago on this website, but never resolved the issue.  It has to be on my end.

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Assuming that your "latest version" is Reader 11.0.6, you may need to install the Extended Font Pack.

Windows: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5508

Macintosh: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5509

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that your "latest version" is Reader 11.0.6, you may need to install the Extended Font Pack.

Windows: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5508

Macintosh: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5509

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Windows version of the font pack, and it said I had to install Adobe XI first. I tried to install Reader XI, and it kicked back as already installed.

So I can't download the font pack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this same issue, except my PDF still opens. Only the top half of the page shows until you click the document, and the rest shows up. I'm unable to install the font pack because Reader is running off a server, and I don't have administrator privileges. Any suggestions? Not really too much a problem, just a nuisance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask the people who installed Reader also to install the appropriate font pack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrations I've encountered:

1. I am trying to fill an online PDF form (using Chrome browser) and I can enter Chinese character using Google Pinyin IME, but I could not save the filled data (only a blank form is saved).

2. If I save the blank form and then open in XI (11.0.15), I can save filled data, but I cannot turn on Google Chinese IME to fill with Chinese.

3. After disabling protected mode, I can turn on Google Chinese IME but it says an extended font package is needed (I do not have that problem when doing it with the browser)

After installing the package now I can finally get on with my original task after two hours of wasted time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem coming from my new printer. When I scan using the software on my machine it creates a pdf fine. When I put the paper in the printer and scan it, it saves a pdf to my machine which requires a Chinese font pack to be installed. I am preparing invoices to be emailed out to clients, and it would look unprofessional (and they could even suspect a virus) if the invoices we email out ask them to install things.

I suspect it is to do with how the pdf is created and what the default language setting is.

I can use the PC software to create pdfs, or scan as a jpeg from my printer, and then convert it to a pdf, but neither is ideal.

Anyone got a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem when I got an Epson all in one to replace my old HP all in one printer.

I downloaded to font pack which was fine BUT I was unsure if the recipients of the files would have a problem (and it would not have been smart to make them have to phone me if the documents would not open).

My solution was to scan as jpeg and use PDFCandy to convert to PDF (as I can batch covert) and this was not much slower than the old system of scan to PDF. This worked. I am sure if you have the full Adobe software then it would be okay but as a home user I just have the free reader software.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- or amend the scan settings so that 'Text Setting' (or equivalent) is no.

The resulting pdf is not OCR'ed, but at least you may avoid the spurious instruction to chase after a font file.

Adobe's better approach would be to offer the option of the chase or the non-OCR'ed pdf;  looks as if that's not currently an option.

Good luck - !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines