Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A signature was not created message

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it apeared an message while I want to pdf file sign digitaly. I choose tool Digitally sign, with cross cursor I want to click and move mouse and this message appears. Certificate is valid.

I reinstalled Adobe reader to the last version

Some months ago was it OK. 

Please advise me, thank you, Ales

messagemessage

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for  the touble. AS described yoiu are unable to sign the PDF file.

Would you mind sharing the steps you are doing to sign the PDF?

Also what is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat Reader and make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20067 installled. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Is this a behavior with aparticular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try to sign a different PDF file and check.

you may also refer to the help page Sign PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Reader. and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I found out interesting thing: I can digitaly sign any pdf document for the first time I open Adobe reader after loging to my account. For the second time I cannot sign it or other documents. Message see above in my first post. I am using the last adobe acrobat reader 2020.009.20067. I used czech version and tried reinstall to english version. Cannot sign with the same message.

Thank you for respopnse

Ales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ales,

We are sorry to hear that.

Please try to repair the installation (For Windows Only) and see if that makes any difference. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test  user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool  https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html , reboot the compouter and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @alesbaranek ,

Did you solve this problem? I have the same issue and tried all the steps mentioned by @Amal.  with no luck 😞 

@Amal. I'm using Acrobat Reader DC version 2020.013.20074 (Spanish) on Windows 10 Professional version 19041.685 (Spanish). I uninstalled (using Acrobat Cleaner Tool) and reinstalled Acrobat Reader DC a couple of times, log in into my acrobat Account , tried to sign different PDFs, and the result is always the same (A signature was not created. To sign the document hold...).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Ferran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

a not found other solution than install another software for viewing pdf files. This sw is working very well.

Ales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ferran

we are sorry to hear that the issue still persists. Please try the troubleshooting steps provided in the correct answer marked in a similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/cannot-create-signature-box/td-p/10053919?page=1 and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Tools and Remove the Certificate Option. Close the Acrobat Application, re-open, go back to Tools and add the Certificates module. You should be able to sign now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines