• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access Denied using Acrobat Reader Standard DC?

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know why after I paid $300 for this software I still can't use it or open pdf files.  Why does the access denied come up and no permissions to my own computer as the administrator?  I am using Windows 10 home edition. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Acrobat Reader Standard and Acrobat Reader is free so, what exactly did you buy?

Also, a step by step description of what steps you are taking when you get this error would be very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the 2015 release of Adobe Acrobat Standard DC software license at Office Max.  I can't open any pdf files sent to me and saved to my computer or open any pdf files i create from a word document.  I just double click  on the file to open and I get an error message that access is denied and I do not have permission to open the file.  I am logged in as the administrator on my computer.  I do not have any file selected to be encrypted.  Is this an Adobe Acrobat issue or a Windows 10 home edition issue?

I also was getting the same message with the free reader on this new dell laptop.

Thank you for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Opening Acrobat (and do it with Reader as well) and go to Edit>Preferences>Security (enhanced)>Sandbox protections and disable "Enable protected mode at startup". Close Acrobat and try opening your files again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get access denied after disabling the protected mode.  I looked at the Adobe properties after clicking on the icon and see on the interactive selection read and execute is grayed out and read as well. After looking in permissions everything looks ok with permissions but I still get the access denied when trying to open any pdf file.  Is there anything else I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yvetteb76991965 wrote:

I looked at the Adobe properties after clicking on the icon and see on the interactive selection read and execute is grayed out and read as well.

Are you talking about the file properties? You clicked on the file icon then looked at the properties that way or are you referring the the application .exe properties?

yvetteb76991965 wrote:

After looking in permissions everything looks ok with permissions but I still get the access denied when trying to open any pdf file.

What permissions exactly? How did you check them?

See if the first option here works: Troubleshoot "access denied" when opening files or folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to get full control of the folder that I had the pdf files in and everything looks good as I have full access and permissions but I still can't get access to my folder. Acrobat still will not open any of my PDF files. I think I will have to bring my computer in to have someone who knows more than myself can fix the issues with it.

Thank you for trying to help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is Mac OS High Sierra. When I tried to log in this morning using acrobat reader DC, it says "access denied". Could someone help with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a new question with the full details, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem with access denied when I try to open any pdf document in my documents folder  (Windows 10).  I have disabled the protected mode in Reader.  This is a fairly new problem.  I used to have no problem.   Interesting enough, if I move the document to a folder not in my Documents folder such as on the desktop, attached to an email, in dropbox, etc I have no problem.

I can't seem to find any restrictions in my Documents folder; where would I look to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines