Highlighted

Acrobat DC 2019 text properties is on and off - "Aa" button

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Text button to write in the pdf.  Got Acrobat DC 2019. From the installation three weeks ago to yestereday the Text properties are working well.  I can set the font size and colors.  However yestereday it stopped.  In fact it switched.  

I still can select the "T" icon and type a text.  However going back to the "Aa" button to change size/color does not work anymore.

I did try the 2016 tip about it on the forum without success. Went through all the preferences reset, open close etc.  

The only way I found is to get back on the Tool menu, select an other type of comment (any), then get back selecting the Comment tool and then I have ONE shot to change font OR size OR color to the text.And then I have to do this again for an other change.  Painfull.

Is there a way to fix it ?

Topics

Comment markup and annotate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Text button to write in the pdf.  Got Acrobat DC 2019. From the installation three weeks ago to yestereday the Text properties are working well.  I can set the font size and colors.  However yestereday it stopped.  In fact it switched.  

I still can select the "T" icon and type a text.  However going back to the "Aa" button to change size/color does not work anymore.

I did try the 2016 tip about it on the forum without success. Went through all the preferences reset, open close etc.  

The only way I found is to get back on the Tool menu, select an other type of comment (any), then get back selecting the Comment tool and then I have ONE shot to change font OR size OR color to the text.And then I have to do this again for an other change.  Painfull.

Is there a way to fix it ?

Topics

Comment markup and annotate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobart Reader DC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Acrobat

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Looks like a new bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BudSpencer,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, would you mind sharing the version of Adobe Reader installed on the machine?

To identify, please take help from the article https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Try resetting the Adobe Reader's Preferences once and reboot the machine. To reset the Preferences, please take help from the article https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/How-to-reset-Acrobat-Preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

Repair the installation files of Adobe Reader from help menu>select repair installation (for Windows only)

Reboot the machine and check.

Are you experiencing this issue with all the PDF files or is it specific to one PDF file? 

If it is specific to one PDF, would it be possible to share the file with us?

Upload the file into Document Cloud storage https://documentcloud.adobe.com generate the link and share it in the direct/private message only. To send a private message, please click on the envelop icon on the top right corner near your profile picture. 

Let us know how it goes and share your observations.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand Sri,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version is Continuous Release | Version 2019.021.20047 on Windows. Will run again the Preferences reset / reboot / check. Might be lucky. It goes with all PDF files. Thanks. Bud

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat DC and Reader DC official update (19.021.20049) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

Please try it out and let us know your feedback!

Thanks for your patience and support!

Rohit Anand

(Acrobat Desktop Team)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BudSpencer2020

Thanks for reaching out to us. We have noted this request and are working to fix and ship the same in our next release.

Meanwhile, could you please use ctrl+e shortcut keys to enble the other floating menu to change the text properties . This will pop out a new floating menu which shall look like below :

clipboard_image_0.png

Let us know if you face any issue in the above. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  BudSpencer2020

This is regarding your following feedback for Adobe Acrobat: 

With our latest release on 24th Oct 2019, the issue reported by you has been addressed.

If your product has not already been updated, to get the latest product update, click on the menu Help --> Check for updates in the product.

For more information about the release, please refer to the Release Notes and the New Feature Summary web links.

Hope this helps in addressing the reported issue. We look forward to the continued feedback.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC