• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Fill and Sign - How to change my Signature?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been trying the Fill and Sign option in Acrobat Pro DC. It asked me my name and created a handwritten image to place as my signature.

Now I can't change it. I can't change the text, can't change it to an image, can't remove it. What if I changed my name, how would I change my signature?

I have seen some posts from a few years ago saying click the '-' next to the signature. These are greyed out and do nothing when I click on them. I can't find anything in the settings.

Does anyone know how to change a Fill & Sign signature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Dear all,

I had a similar issue; unable to change signature in the Fill & Sign Tool drop down list.

Then I did this:
1. Close Adobe Reader application
2. Microsoft Windows - Go to Local(C) > Users > User(Yours) > AppData> Roaming> Adobe > Acrobat > DC > Security
3. Rename the below files
    reader_fss_signature_initials into XXXreader_fss_signature_initials
    reader_fss_signature_initiali into XXXreader_fss_signature_initiali
    reader_fss_signature_initialk into XXXreader_fss_signature_initialk

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamina,

Through the description given above, would you please elaborate the point where it says "created a handwritten image to place as my signature". Does it mean you have signed on paper scanned it as an image, and then uploaded as signature image?

If this is the case, then there's slightly possible it wont let you make editing in signature. I'm not sure whether I got your point correctly or not.

It would be more clear if you can share screenshot of the signature and document you have worked up on? https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot  Also, share the exact workflow step-by-step.

Note: Form is supposed to be editable after applying signature, is also depend on the form's properties. Whether it allows to make changes after adding signature or not.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right so click the Fill and Sign option, add a signature to a document, Acrobat DC asks you for your name, (comes up with a dialogue box), enter a name or an image - whatever, click apply. This then allows you to put this image of your signature on a document.

However, If I go to the Fill and Sign option again, my signature is already there. Except now I can't get rid of it or change it. It's permanently set in the Fill and Sign option signature dropdown. There is a grey circle with a '-' in it. This does nothing. I can see on other peoples machines it removes the signature and allows them to start again. But on my machine it does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and can't change the signature image that adobe put side bars on it that are not in my file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the SAME problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out! You have to delete the saved signature (just click on the grey cancel icon beside it) then you can change it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope...tried clicking on that grey tab and nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on 'Sign yourself' at the top and the box drops down with your signature, click the '-' button ot the right of your signature. It should delete it and let you create a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the "-" sign does not do the trick. The signature cannot be deleted with the "-" sign by right clicking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold on the - sign for a couple of seconds, then you get a pop up where you can change the signature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work. Right clieking doesn't work, holding downt the mouse over the grey dot doesn't work. Going into settings in my account doesn't work. How can I gt rid of my signature? I got married and my name is different. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue now and can't figure it out.  I just used it yesterday and it was working fine and now I can't change the signature! How frustrating! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue: all used to work fine. Now I can not remove or add initials.  The constant frustration associated with all things Adobe is pretty intense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same issue, hugely frustrating !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. No solution, yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click fill and sign

Click Sign Yourself

Double Click the " - " button, and it will open a pop-up window

From there you can edit signatures, add, and delete.

The button doesn't seem clickable, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For everyone who is trying to "Right click" the  "-" Left click works. When in doubt, if right click does nothing, try the other button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My only way of fixing it was logging out of adobe and back in. Once I logged in, the blue + was there to change the signatures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having just encountered this bug, I can confirm that the sign-out/sign-in solution did fix the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having the same issue in 2023 and logging out/in is the ONLY thing that worked for me. Ridiculous that the '-' button never works. Isn't that what it's for? Clicking the signature several times used to reset it but that's not working anymore. Adobe is still horrible for support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue.  This also solved it for me.  Logging off and signing back into Acrobat.  Then you can create a new one.  Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - hugely irritating.

workaround: saved new signature as a "Stamp"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - it doesn't work be it left click or right click, could not click on the "-" button. It is quite irritating to not be able to change it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I had a similar issue; unable to change signature in the Fill & Sign Tool drop down list.

Then I did this:
1. Close Adobe Reader application
2. Microsoft Windows - Go to Local(C) > Users > User(Yours) > AppData> Roaming> Adobe > Acrobat > DC > Security
3. Rename the below files
    reader_fss_signature_initials into XXXreader_fss_signature_initials
    reader_fss_signature_initiali into XXXreader_fss_signature_initiali
    reader_fss_signature_initialk into XXXreader_fss_signature_initialk
4. Open Adobe Reader application, then the signature in the Fill & Sign Tool is back to default blank

The issue has been fixed and system will create a new files for reader_fss_signature_initials, reader_fss_signature_initiali, and reader_fss_signature_initialk.

You may keep XXX---- files for the backup.

Hope this can help you.

Cheers,

JBR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines