Highlighted

Acrobat doesn't let me choose where to save my PDFs

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep saving PDFs for different projects I'm working on, but ever since I switched to Acrobat, I have not been able to choose where to save my files when I'm saving them. When I click "Save", the file just opens in Acrobat and shows up in my Downloads folder. If I want to move it somewhere else, I have to do it manually within File Explorer or use "Save As" which creates an unnecessary duplicate of the file. Is there any way I can change the settings within Acrobat to where I can actually choose where to save my PDFs when downloading them (like every other file type does)?

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat doesn't let me choose where to save my PDFs

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep saving PDFs for different projects I'm working on, but ever since I switched to Acrobat, I have not been able to choose where to save my files when I'm saving them. When I click "Save", the file just opens in Acrobat and shows up in my Downloads folder. If I want to move it somewhere else, I have to do it manually within File Explorer or use "Save As" which creates an unnecessary duplicate of the file. Is there any way I can change the settings within Acrobat to where I can actually choose where to save my PDFs when downloading them (like every other file type does)?

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you use File > Save in Acrobat Reader?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The File > Save option is greyed out. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as if you are download in a DIFFERENT app than Acrobat (or perhaps Acrobat Reader). What app are you downloading with?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am downloading most of my PDFs through Chrome. Is there a setting within Chrome I should change?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the option in Google Chrome. Details are in the help of Google Chrome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome is fine, but the key thing to realize is that Acrobat or Reader doesn't get involved AT ALL until Chrome has finished downloading. Then Chrome might decide to run Acrobat. In any case, it can't be a setting in Acrobat, because Chrome is making the decisions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I'll check in a Chrome community and see what I can find there. What's puzzling to me though is that this didn't happen when I just used Edge to open PDFs; it only started when I switched to Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you can ask the right questions there, let's establish something: did you switch to Acrobat (paid product)? Or to Acrobat READER (free product?)  I can't tell because you always say "Acrobat" but you posted in the Acrobat Reader forum. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! I forgot to clarify. I have the paid version, just Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC