• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat PDF File Appears Different in Browser than in Software

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF file that I originally modified and added text to and sent to a co-worker to add additional text into a field.  When my co-worker returned the file after modifications, the text did not appear to be modified when I opened the file in Adobe Acrobat DC, however when I opened the PDF within my Google Chrome browser, all changes made by said co-worker were visible.

I've never experienced this before, so wondering if anyone has any potential reasonings as to why this may happen or any fixes to ensure my software is reading the files correctly?  To reiterate, I cannot get the PDF to show as the latest version within Adobe Acrobat DC whereas the Google Chrome browser is reading it correctly and as the latest version.

To also note as well, the form does not appear broken and there is no errors occuring when opening the files in either.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF and browsers , PDF forms , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The form is certainly broken, perhaps because it was filled in a browser or Apple Preview. End users have no reason to download files and fill them in Reader unless you tell them to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for the input!  I've now double checked with the coworker regarding this and we've tested modifying a new PDF via default application (which ended up being Microsoft Edge) however the saved PDF version from their browser was showing correctly on my end via Adobe Acrobat, so I'm not sure why this test version is working but our other one isn't; you're most likely correct the form is broken in some capacity.  Again, thank you for the input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines