This conversation has been locked.

Acrobat Pro DC is a mistake

Explorer ,
May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most TERRIBLE software Adobe has made. It gets stuck so many times. We can't even chose to not view the edit PDF options after Acrobat DC starts. The editing of documents menu is not only bad to operate, it is also faulty. I wish i could uninstall Acrobat DC and install Acrobat Reader XI again. This software is not an update of Reader XI, it makes me feel that I have gone 5 years behind time! I can barely see the new thumbnail icon of Acrobat DC PDF files on my desktop. I wish I could undo Acrobat DC from my laptop but sadly Adobe doesn't have Acrobat Reader XI in their downloads list!

PDFs are such important documents and they become uncomfortable to use with Acrobat DC. I might as well use some other PDF reader software for reading and editing PDFs. I tried the option of Help-Repair installation. But in vain.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by ~graffiti | Most Valuable Participant

To reiterate what try67 already said, no version of Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat Reader could ever edit like you were doing. You would have had the full version of Acrobat. I know, the names are a bit confusing....

Views

Translate

Translate

May 27, 2015 4
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like there is a failure to communicate between Open GL document and pwillener; I'm just not certain who is not understanding. 

I had Acrobat X installed but it didn't have the PDF portfolio feature so I purchased a subscription to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I had lots of trouble installing it and, after I finally got it installed I successfully built a 22 page PDF portfolio.  Now, I am unable to share it with my friends because all that happens when I post the file is that there is a Cover Sheet that is the only thing that shows. It says "For the best experience, open this PDF portfolio in Acrobat X or Adobe Reader X, or later." and then has a button that says "Get Adobe Reader Now!"  Why?  When I tried to Get Adobe Reader, Now! it failed saying something about the top line was too large.

I'm very disappointed in the tutorials, help pages and all of the Pro DC related help items because that are not user friendly.  I just wanted a way to share the PDF project I've been working on for months.  Apparently Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is NOT the means to sharing PDF files or portfolios.

Translate

Translate

Jul 11, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must agree that DC has been a bumpy ride, I can't even get the software to open on my Mac.  This is not good.

Translate

Translate

Jul 13, 2015 0
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most TERRIBLE software Adobe has made. It gets stuck so many times.

I could not agree more. Whoever thought this was a good idea should be looking for work.  If this is the future of Acrobat it will be the last edition I every buy.  I'll be uninstalling the two copies I mistakenly purchased without realizing the complete departure from previous versions. 

Why not call it something else other than Acrobat because this isn't the Acrobat I've grown to love over the years.  Sorry but this products is a total FAIL in my opinion!

Translate

Translate

Aug 25, 2015 2
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

Not only have you produced some terrible software in Acrobat Pro DC, but your support is absolutely shocking!

Acrobat Pro DC keeps freezing when I access certain features and a job that should have taken me less than 2 hours has taken me over 20 so far - and I am up against a brick wall with the bugs that prevent me from completing my project.

I have never purchased an Adobe product before, but I can tell you..... this is going to be the last one ever!!!

Translate

Translate

Aug 25, 2015 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not addressing Adobe here; it is mostly a user-to-user forum, with some Adobe support staff helping out.

Did you try to contact Adobe Customer Care?  And they could not help you?

Translate

Translate

Aug 25, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did of course try to contact Customer Care - 5 times now. The problem has been escalated for a third time and no one has got back to me yet except for a bonehead technician who rang me back at 1.30am New Zealand time and then did not say anything when I answered, but then left a message asking me to ring a US Freecall number which cannot be contacted outside the US.

Not a very pleasant experience so far and I'm on the verge of cancelling my subscription.

The people that matter at Adobe should be hanging their heads in shame, to put out such junk and then employ such useless, uncaring support staff to handle the problems their equally useless programmers have created!!

Translate

Translate

Aug 25, 2015 1
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. My name is Allison and I HATE Adobe Acrobat Reader DC! It has turned a previously pleasant experience editing PDFs into a nightmare! I, too, ONLY joined the forum to express my dislike for the new "unimproved and decidedly worse" version.

I found my answer here:

[3rd-party download link removed]

I'm a mac girl, but you can search their site and find a windows version. I downloaded and installed XI before uninstalling DC so when it finished installing it told me it found more recent certificates (whatever that is) and asked if I wanted to use the newer version. I selected the default and then uninstalled DC. Works like a charm now.

To be fair, there were some updates in DC that were an improvement- it was easier to re-size or move added text and it saved my signatures so I didn't have to clear one choice and replace it with another. BUT I can only RESIZE signatures. I can't rotate them (and my husband's signature is crooked). I could cuss under my breath and halfway live with that. I can even mildly tolerate the huge new interface. BUT once I edited a page in a document- added text or signed my name, it locked me into that specific page and would NOT allow me to scroll to any of the other pages! When I'm filling out multiple page documents, you can see why I'm frustrated that I have to save and close the entire thing and then re-open the document to fill out the next page and repeat that process for each page! WHY??? Completely asinine!

I hope this helps. And I hope Adobe is listening to all this negative feedback and working to get back to a workable version. Until then I'm not updating.

Translate

Translate

Sep 28, 2015 2
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have removed your download link.  We strongly discourage downloading Adobe software from 3rd-party sites, as you will never know what you'll get...

Official download links for older Acrobat and Reader versions have been posted in this topic, but just so that people do not actually have to look for them, here they are one more time...

Make sure you uninstall the DC version before installing an older Acrobat or Reader version.

Translate

Translate

Sep 28, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also need to re-boot in SAFE mode on a PC since the registry may be buggy after Reader DC is uninstalled.

I found my Widows 7 PC required a SAFE mode reboot post CLEANing off Reader DC to boot properly.

It then took 30 minutes for my Acrobat Pro 9 to again see and recognize all "missing" PDF files on my PC stored locally.

Translate

Translate

Nov 30, 2015 0