• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader can't open files annotated with Apple product

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the scenario.  1.) student scans and submits homework.  2.) teacher adds annotations to the PDF to "grade" the work. 3.) teacher submits updated PDF.

The student's original PDF scan opens fine.  We are unable to open the teacher updated PDF from the teacher in Acrobat Reader.  We get the following error message:  "An error exists on this page.  Acrobat may not display the page correctly.  Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem."  It's the standard, generic Acrobat error.  I can open the PDF in Firefox and Chrome, however.

Unfortunately I don't know the teacher's setup, but was able to open the PDF in iText RUPS (below) and found that she is using either some Apple product to add a PDF annotation.  That is the only change to the document that I see.

Does Reader have problems with Apple's PDF additions?  Is there a setting that will allow me to open up the PDF in Acrobat on Windows?

Tested on: Acrobat Reader DC 19.010.20098 on Windows 10 1809

pdf_with_apple_stuff.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

It's most likely Apple Preview, which is known to be very buggy. You can try exporting the comment data to an FDF file, delete the comments and then import the FDF back it. That might solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's most likely Apple Preview, which is known to be very buggy. You can try exporting the comment data to an FDF file, delete the comments and then import the FDF back it. That might solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue except the PDF opens in other programs and also in Microsoft's edge browser and google chrome just fine.  This makes me think it might be an issue with adobe.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines