• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader could not open unsupported file type (zip)

New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found other posts adressing this situation but some of the advice couldn't really help me on my end. My issue is the message where adobe reader could not open a file because it's either corrupted or not a supported file type. This minor issue is preventing me from trying to fix a larger issue as in trying to fix a corrupted MP4 file. I used a link that many others had used which led to downloading a 'zip' file and opening the file could be easy for others but not working for me. I hope the explination of this issue was clear. And it is okay if the issue could not be adressed but thank you for taking the time to read.
(I use windows 8 if you need to know) 

Edit: I dont know how to delete posts on here, but I was able to resolve the problem myself!! 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Maybe you can post the solution, in case others with the same issue find this post in the future...

Reader can only open PDF files, of course. Not zip, or mp4, or anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you can post the solution, in case others with the same issue find this post in the future...

Reader can only open PDF files, of course. Not zip, or mp4, or anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines