• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat reader DC automatically closing after opening PDF document in 2019.008.20071

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem in using Acrobat reader DC from today.

When I double click a PDF docuement, Acrobat reader opens the document and I can see the document.

However, Acrobat reader closes automatically after 15 seconds.

I found several articles about similiar issue for previous version.

But I couldn't find a solution.

I use Windows 10 Enterprise  64bit and it's version is 1083.

May I get help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Hi All,

We acknowledge the issue and Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (19.008.20074) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: 19.008.20074 Optional update, October 08, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Plea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oanjinkim,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing while using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Acrobat team is aware of similar crash issue that has recently surfaced (with the Oct 2 update) and working on a resolution on priority.

We will be coming up with the fix for this issue very soon and will update you on this accordingly.

Thanks

Ayush Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant imagine that they just shove untested products in the market. Software regulations should me made tight to give values for ones time and not let people in lurch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We acknowledge the issue and Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (19.008.20074) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: 19.008.20074 Optional update, October 08, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards

Ayush Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dear,

This LINK is SHOWING ERROR 404.

Can you please update with correct one to resove the error.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the application it too automatically closes before I am able to click Help > Check for Updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

YOUR ABOVE LINK SHOWING ERROR 404, Please reply some one on this issue,

acrobat DC open and immediate closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure if to add my comment here, but this might help others.
My Problem...........
My PDF files, when I would open it would close again within 10 seconds; an empty box would flash over the top of the opened PDF file and then shut it down immediately. (this was happening all week, and I was about to delete adobe)

My fix after strenuous searching finding nothing,
I went to windows search, typed in "Acrobat" and double-clicked, opening the Acrobat Distiller. It started to scan automatically, and when completed, I left the Acrobat Distiller open,
I then opened the problem PDF files, and they stayed open.
I have no idea as I am not a technician, and luck was on my side, but if someone else happens to see this, try it out, and it might work for you.
Other more experienced Tech/Devs here might know what the problem was, but I am now happy to see my files again after a week of searching everywhere..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines