• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC Crash (No Error Mssg) when Printing or Opening Settings

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all. I've had this problem for a long while now and I have gotten so sick of it that I decided to finally get some help. I looked high and low on the Internet to find a solution so this is my last resort. So here's what I do:

1. Open a PDF. Any PDF. Seriously, anything. Heck, let's open some sheet music. Pretty much all I ever do with the program anyways.

2. Press Ctrl+P. Alternatively, try opening preferences.

3. Enjoy as Reader DC crashes without any error message or freezing showing up at all.

It will crash even if I try opening settings without having a PDF open.

I know my hardware is compatible and meets the minimum requirements. Kinda hard for a 3-year-old laptop to have compatibility issues.

I have repaired the installation. I have restarted the computer. Nothing.

I have uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled and tried again. Nothing.

I have used different user accounts and cleared data files. Nothing.

I have tried everything my whole 2 brain cells could come up with and whatever Google spat out, too.

I have a concert in a few days and the inability to print Rachmaninoff is starting to really piss me off. The first few months were manageable but a line has been crossed. I am at my wit's end and I would appreciate any help the community could give me on this issue. I have also submitted a bug report to the dev team and hopefully, I can work with them to resolve this as well. Any suggestions short of a clean Windows install would be much appreciated.

SPECS:

Acrobat Reader DC Version: 2019.010.20099

PC: Dell Precision 5510

If I'm somehow missing something please let me know and I can supply it in the comments.

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?