• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC crash on open, user-specific

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a user whose Acrobat Reader crashes on open.  Never allows you any interaction with the application before the crash.

Uninstalled and reinstalled with no effect.

Only affects this user, does not happen if I log in as admin.

Event viewer message:

Faulting application name: AcroRd32.exe, version: 19.21.20047.26424, time stamp: 0x5da0ddadFaulting module name: AcroRd32.exe, version: 19.21.20047.26424, time stamp: 0x5da0ddadException code: 0x40000015Fault offset: 0x00119641Faulting process id: 0x25d4Faulting application start time: 0x01d588e968a5c44fFaulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exeReport Id: a6ee2dac-f4dc-11e9-ab0b-4c3488122ddd

If anyone has a clue what's going on, I'd appreciate any assistance.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PhydeuxLPC,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you have mentioned above, the application crashes only for the user profile not for the Admin.

It seems that the issue is with that particular user prfile. The try once to repair the profile and check if the OS is updated or not.

Also, update the application to the latest version. Check if that helps.

Try to create a new user profile and check if you experience the same issue with that profile.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PhydeuxLPC

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.Can you please share the application crash dump for further analysis

You can refer the steps mentioned at https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html for getting the dumps.

Thanks,

Rohit

(Adobe Acrobat Desktop Team)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay, the user was out of the office for a few days.  I've got a fresh crash dump for your perusal but I see no way to attach it to this comment thread.

Afternoon edit:  I now have a second user with the same sort of behavior, only with his, he gets his file to open and then after about 15 seconds it crashes in the same manner as the first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi PhydeuxLPC,

Please compress the created .DMP file to .zip or .rar and upload it on Adobe Document Cloud or a SharePoint location and share the link.

Regards,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines