Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

acrobat reader DC garbled text

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all -

I have a brand new Asus Vivobook 15 laptop.   It is completely updated (Windows 10 S Home was converted to windows 10 Home).

I created a simple Acrobat file in MS Word 16 with some lines of text.   I converted to PDF either with Cute PDF writer, or the MS Office PDF generation tool.  

In either case:   the file easily opens in Foxit Reader v10.  In Acrobat, the file opens, but if I click the mouse, the display is completely garbled and un-usable.    I've installed various versions of Acrobat Reader on about 30 computers over the last 20 years, and have never  experienced this.

I played with the rendering settings and could not fix it.   Attached is a youtube video.   When an appropriate solution is found, I will update the video to hopefully help other people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EteXe_f2Q0g&t=9s

TOPICS
View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - a co-worker suggested these steps, which I'm happy to say fixed the problem!!!

[a] uninstalled Acrobat Reader DC

[b] uninstalled Foxit Reader

[c] ran the Acrobat Reader Cleaner Tool (google it) to erase all previous settings.

[d] windows control panel --> fonts --> font settings --> click "restore default font settings"

[e] reinstalled Acrobat Reader DC.   Now it works!!! the garbled text problem is gone.

[f] reinstalled Foxit Reader (my backup reader).  It works as well!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a similar problem.  FYI, by uninstalling, using the Cleaner Tool, then reinstalling, the problem appears to be solved.  I don't have any alternate reader...and in Windows 10, I couldn't find any "restore default font settings" option in Control Panel.  Ergo, I skipped those steps.  Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mxasf

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, the PDF turns to black and white dots on click on the text.

++ Adding to the  discussion

Please refer to the steps provided in a similar discussion Solved: Screen turns to black and white dots using Adobe A... - Adobe Support Community - 10909009  and see if that works for you.

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines