Acrobat Reader DC - high cpu usage - suddenly

Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone,

i'm experiencing a very annoying behaviour of acrobat reader on win 10, I usually work all the day having acrobat reader always open with 4/5 simple pdf files open, about a month ago I started experiencing this problem:

suddenly, the cpu usage of the adobe reader process goes high, without any action or any new files opened or whatever, it just starts randomly, as you can see from this picture acreddca.PNG

more than 20% of a quad core i7 7th, causing overheat and useless fan noise. pointless

I can't really understand why this happens, I have the latest version installed, i always check and install updates, but nothing changes, I also performed the "repair installation" tool and I also uninstalled it completely then reinstalled.

It's very very annoying, all day it works normally then suddenly starts doing that. If i close and re-open it sometimes it keeps working normally, sometimes the problem reappears in a while.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue on Windows RDS Server 2016.
adoberdrcef and adobe acrobat reader DC (32bit) are killing the CPU and the users are feeling the effect. Can we get a resolution on this.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I have attached my logs. What do I do about this?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note, I am using 2021.001.20138

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even normally open Acrobat Reader DC. Keep getting (Not Resp[onding) with the only solution to remove the software from my PC. Reboot and re-install again. About 5times a week. This sucks.
Strange that it still doesn't work and that you can not even resolve this problem

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Liana15D5,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Could you pls. let us know the answer to the following queries: 

• What is the version of Acrobat Reader DC installed on your system?
  • Also are there any other Adobe products installed on your system (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, LightRoom etc.) apart from Acrobat Reader?
  • Could you please share the process dump or procmon log captured during the not responding state?

Thanks,

Vinod

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines