Highlighted

Acrobat Reader DC not working in Catalina

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC will not run under Catalina. I have removed it and re-installed the latest version but it freezes as soon as I try and open it. Any suggestions?

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Reader DC not working in Catalina

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC will not run under Catalina. I have removed it and re-installed the latest version but it freezes as soon as I try and open it. Any suggestions?

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina seriously sucks! I recently experienced a system-wide crash on my 2019 custom built MBP as soon as I updated from Mojave to Catalina (not willfully I might add). In diagnosing my error reports or problem logs I determined the source to be Adobe CC's continued incompatibility with Catalina months after the official release. So in troubleshooting everytime I thought I had it all fixed after removing and reinstalling single Adobe programs to then (what I thought) uninstalling and removing ALL of adobe CC by classic drag and drop from applications in finder to trash.

Well Adobe, being as comprehensive and multi-faceted as it is, is incredibly difficult to COMPLETELY remove from a Mac (probably Windows too) by standard procedure. There's always little folders, scripts, and/or remaining pieces of files/packets lurking somewhere. You can tell by monitoring your active tasks in activity monitor, with filter "adobe" keyword consuming any percentage of your machines resources (CPU, Memory).

Once you have succesfully removed absolutely every bit of adobe that you can easily find check this article to find a link to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and download/run it to ensure total removal success:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Proceed to Adobe's official website to download your CC apps and log back in with a fresh start.\

Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scallywag

We are sorry for the delay in response. I hope you would be able to fix it by now. If the issue still persists please try the following steps and see if that helps

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2020 0