Highlighted

Acrobat Reader DC - Opening Multiple PDFs not working

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Weird issue going on. When I open a PDF from an Outlook 2016 email on my computer, and then open another PDF, the second PDF won't open. After 5 minutes a Failed to contact DDE server error appears.

If I open multiple PDFs in reverse, first locally then from an attachment, they both open. Basically if I open Acrobat Reader DC from an Outlook PDF I can't open any more PDFs.

I have reinstalled...changed registry keys...done literally everything, including reinstalling Office.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Reader DC - Opening Multiple PDFs not working

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Weird issue going on. When I open a PDF from an Outlook 2016 email on my computer, and then open another PDF, the second PDF won't open. After 5 minutes a Failed to contact DDE server error appears.

If I open multiple PDFs in reverse, first locally then from an attachment, they both open. Basically if I open Acrobat Reader DC from an Outlook PDF I can't open any more PDFs.

I have reinstalled...changed registry keys...done literally everything, including reinstalling Office.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 14, 2019 0
Akki_24 LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tcgrxl,

We apologize for the delay in response to your query.

When I open a PDF from an Outlook 2016 email on my computer, and then open another PDF, the second PDF won't open. After 5 minutes a Failed to contact DDE server error appears.

Seems only email PDF attachment is causing trouble opening with Acrobat.

Since you have already tried uninstalling-reinstalling the application and changed the registry settings and till no luck. You may try changing the following settings-

Open Reader, navigate to Edit menu > Preferences > Security (Enhances)> Disable "Protected mode">Reboot Acrobat.

Let us know if this would make any difference.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2019 0