Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC - Pages Printing Blank Instead of Selected Coupons

Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to print coupons from U.S. corporate websites who are using Acrobat Reader DC and smartsource.com, the pages eject from the HP printer blank.  I'm using Windows 7, Firefox 42.0, Acrobat Reader DC 15.008.20082, and the latest update HP Printer Driver.  I welcome any suggestions in specific detail.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Hi Violetblu,

I checked this website smartsource.com and tried the workflow of printing these coupons. I am using Google Chrome browser. So, this website generates the coupons you select and and when you click on Print Coupons button at the top right, it downloads FDF file on your machine and when we open these files with the help of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC it prints these coupons with Document level Javascript.

Now try this:

Open Acrobat Reader DC application

Open any PDF in it

Go to File > Print

Und

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Violetblu,

If you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for printing PDF file, please try to use Print as Image option under Advanced button on Print dialog box.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding Abhishek.  In my 2007 HP Photosmart C7280 Printer Advanced Options, I only have "mirror image" which prints images in reverse.  Besides, once you select the coupons and click print, it goes straight to the printer (via smartsource.com see second paragraph) without the opportunity to explore printing options.  The good news is that, today when I tried again, the coupons printed vs. the blank pages prints over the last few days.  Unfortunately, today the coupons are printing in black/white which is unacceptable in stores for redemption.  I did confirm that my HP Printer is set for color and not grayscale.  I even tried saving the coupon to my hard drive.

When I contacted the US Corporate website representatives, they say that other customers are reporting issues since they switched to Acrobat Reader DC.  There's a "middle company" involved too, a coupon printing website smartsource.com, but they do not respond to my emails.  Thanks again.   It's a slow crawl!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Violetblu,

I checked this website smartsource.com and tried the workflow of printing these coupons. I am using Google Chrome browser. So, this website generates the coupons you select and and when you click on Print Coupons button at the top right, it downloads FDF file on your machine and when we open these files with the help of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC it prints these coupons with Document level Javascript.

Now try this:

Open Acrobat Reader DC application

Open any PDF in it

Go to File > Print

Under Print dialog box check whether the option,

'Print in grayscale (black and white)' is checked or not

If it is checked, please uncheck it.

Your HP printer must be listed here at the top and there is a Properties button next to it

Click on it and uncheck any settings for Grayscale printing (if any, is selected)

Then print the coupons.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAD THIS SAME ISSUE & AFTER UNCHECKING THE GRAYSCALE BOX  IN THE ADOBE ACORBAT DC DIALOG BOX,  WHICH RESET ITSELF A FEW TIMES , IT FINALLY STAYED UNCHECKED & PRINTED MY COUPON IN COLOR. THX SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP, HAVE A GREAT DAY, LB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to say THANK YOU for posting this. I have been struggling with printing from these same websites for I don't know how long. I followed your directions exactly and FINALLY it started printing! All I did was uncheck the grayscale & save toner/ink boxes. How simple! AGAIN THANK YOU @Abhishek!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking grayscale printing worked like a charm!  Thanks, this was driving me nuts!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After hours of troubleshooting on various machines, I THINK I may have finally figured this out.

First, set your security and javascript settings as in this help article: SmartSource | Set Up Adobe Reader for Printing.  Secondly, open any pdf and UNCHECK "Save ink/toner," then hit Print and immediately cancel at the printer and/or delete out of the queue.  Now, try opening the fdf again, and it should work.  Piss poor programming on SmartSource's behalf (although small kudos for using pdfs instead of a plugin like coupons.com and the like).  Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! This did it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have solved this problem for me - Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I'm still having trouble printing my coupons even after trying all the things everyone has suggested. 

I've made sure Adobe, my printer software, my browser, everything is up to date.  I've tried using Chrome and Firefox.

When I open the Print menu, the option to "Print as image" is faded so I cannot select it.

For some reason I CAN print coupons from websaver.ca through Adobe but the majority of coupons are from smartsource or even tastyrewards, etc and none of them will print in Adobe.  The only thing that prints at the bottom of each page is "Page 1", that's it.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I can try.

I can't seem to contact smartsource because under Contact Us is this :                      (nothing!)

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto everything Smurfetta5683 said. In addition to trying it on Chrome and Firefox, I also tried IE 11 and get the same result - a page with only "Page 1 of 1" at the bottom. I've been printing SmartSource coupons for years with no problems and now it never works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this from another user here and it works! - Open any pdf and UNCHECK "Save ink/toner," then hit Print and immediately cancel at the printer and/or delete out of the queue.  Now, try opening and printing the fdf again, and it will print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Sola1Dude. I can't believe this worked, but it did! Seems like an easy issue for Adobe to fix.

Got this from another user here and it works! - Open any pdf and UNCHECK "Save ink/toner," then hit Print and immediately cancel at the printer and/or delete out of the queue.  Now, try opening and printing the fdf again, and it will print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome angelab89 - I too was surprised how easy this was after trying all kinds of solutions to print a Bayer coupon.

I contacted Bayer about not being able to print from their site [Link removed] and although they responded to me with recommendations I was becoming quite frustrated with the blank pages that kept coming out of my printer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can anyone help me i have tried everything suggested and im only having problems with websaver coupons. I am using a macbook. Ive tried everything i can think of and all suggestions and im still getting error codes. Error: service is undefined

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines