• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC Version 2021.001.20135 - Bug in Security (Enhanced)

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When reading eBooks which have been divided into a Contents PDF and Chapter PDFs a Security Warning Message appears everytime you select a Chapter to read from within the Contents document.

If you select Edit / Preferences / Security (Enhanced) from the top toolbar you can add the Folder Location of the PDFs into the Privileged Locations box but this fails to stop the Security warning message box appearing.  If you add the File Names of the PDFs into the Privileged Locations box it may work the first time but then fails to stop the Security warning message box appearing on subsequent times the Chapter is selected.

To Summarize both the Folder and File Options for the Privileged Locations in the Security (Enhanced) Preferences fail to work as described and make reading eBooks using PDFs almost impossible.

This is a major Security Bug and needs to be fixed as users may be tempted to switch off the Enhanced Security feature to resolve the issue rendering their computer open to attack. 

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,
Thank you for sharing the issue. Please provide us with some more information to help reproduce the issue in house.

- Share a sample file with us on which the issue occurs.
- Also, did the issue start occuring recently or has been for a while. (Version from which the issue is seen)

- OS, product (Adobe Acrobat/ Reader DC) details, environment settings on which the issue occurs. Any plugins or other software installed. 

- Process Monitor logs 

- Any other relevant information

Thanks,

Shagufta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Shagufta

My apologies but all the messages have been trapped in the mail server spam filter.  I have only just purchased the eBooks and the Adobe Acrobat Reader Version is 2021.001.20138 64 Bit Windows 10.

I have attached one of the Contents Page PDFs which seemm to be the problem but please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines