Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat reader dc will not open documents - Get Error messages

Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Memory could not be read.  And then AcroMissingCompWClass: AcroRd.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x5f18525c referenced memory at 0x00000000.The memory could not be read.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, and use the clean-up.  Still will not work!!  Frustrated!  Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

I see a few are still having problems here, but like horizon851 this is now fixed for my user.

Version numbers are a problem. I did not see the version number change. In Help -> About it says version 2015.023.20056 and if I click once on that text, it changes to Version File version: 2105.023.20056.16516  As far as I am aware, those numbers are the same as early last week.

However, AcroRD32.exe itself now has a version 15.23.20056.213124 and date-modified and Properties -> Details and Properties -

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deannee79074659,

Please use cleaner tool to uninstall the Reader DC Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

And then install it through Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm, thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my users started having a similar problem last week, immediately after ReaderDC updated itself to the latest build.

The error is the same as yours, except the offending instruction is at 0x5d71525c.

The symptoms occur most frequently while scrolling down to page 2 or 3 of a PDF; also when displaying the Help-About dialog.

Re-installing is most definitely NOT effective.  I wouldn't expect it to be. "... referenced memory at 0x00000000" is one of the oldest programming errors in the book. Also known as "de-referencing a null pointer" or "general protection fault".  I will put money on this being a new bug in last week's update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the info. How do i fix this old program error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't fix it.  The Adobe developer needs to fix it !

Obviously that will take a while.

In the meantime, the best suggestion around here seems to be: use an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have released an update today that fixes this issue. This update will be automatically applied to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader DC. You can also open Acrobat or Reader DC and visit Help > Check for updates to make sure you are on the latest patch.

Details about the release: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update  

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

-ashu

PS: Please mark the post as answered if this resolves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you released a corrected version I can't seen to find it. It has been almost a week now and my business is suffering. Need assistance immediately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you released a corrected version I can't seen to find it. It has been almost a week now and my business is suffering. Need assistance immediately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please open the Acrobat or Reader application and visit the Help > Check for Updates menu, you will be able to update to the latest patch.

Please let me know in case of any issues.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea of what to do. Can't find the "Help Check for updates menu you mention

Michael Perlman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing! How do I open the reader acrobat application? On your site from my computer? What????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blijkbaar heeft de update van vandaag een oplossing gebracht. Zal nog afwachten hoe het de verdere dagen zal verlopen.

Iedereen bedankt voor de reacties en de geboden oplossing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having the same problem. I actually got an update but it still would not open my docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched for updates and there was none.  I requested repair and the program shuts down after a few minutes with no results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Can you please open Acrobat Reader and go to Help > About Acrobat Reader DC and share the version number that you see? Please take a screenshot and share.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a few are still having problems here, but like horizon851 this is now fixed for my user.

Version numbers are a problem. I did not see the version number change. In Help -> About it says version 2015.023.20056 and if I click once on that text, it changes to Version File version: 2105.023.20056.16516  As far as I am aware, those numbers are the same as early last week.

However, AcroRD32.exe itself now has a version 15.23.20056.213124 and date-modified and Properties -> Details and Properties -> Digital Signatures both read 17th Jan.  I assume from this that a silent update has taken place, but I was never prompted for an update.

A bit confusing, but I don't mind as long as it stays fixed !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @MichaelK-hgps, you are on the latest version which was automatically updated as of last week. Glad to know that the issue is fixed with the latest update.

Regards,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines