Acrobat Reader DC won't save preferences

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed Acrobat Reader DC on Windows 10. It will not save my preferences. I've opened it as Administrator, chose and saved preferences but they won't save. Any suggestions?

[Moved from non-technical Lounge Forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which specific preferences would you be referring to? Edit>Preferences, File opening preferences...etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit, Preferences. Specifically, when I choose the document to open at 75% it opens to full size.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some documents can contain their own preferences for how they are opened. That is at the document creators discretion.

Did you set Edit>Preferences>Page Display>Zoom or did you try Edit>Documents>Open settings "Restore last view settings when reopening documents"? The latter may help for the second opening where the first would not if the document has a preset to open say at 150%...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Edit Preferences, under Default Layout and Zoom the defaults are "Automatic". When I change the zoom setting to something other than automatic it won't save. The newly created documents always open at 151%. When I check restore last view settings the same saved document will continue to open at 151%.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the same thing happen if you right-click the Adobe Reader program icon and choose "Run as Administrator?"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I believe I said that in my original post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both settings. It always reverts back to Automatic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carlt52154085,

Could you please try updating application to the latest patch released.

Open the application and navigate to Help menu > Check for updates.

You may also refer this help document for more information on updates: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that. It states: No Updates Available.

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 10:07 AM, meenakshin83966505 <

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please confirm the dot version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed on your system.

Open application and go to Help menu > About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Check the dot version provided on the small window pop-ups.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version: 2017.009.20044

On Apr 17, 2017 10:48 AM, "meenakshin83966505" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carlt52154085,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Thank you for sharing the issue.

We are looking into this issue. Will keep you updated you on this.

We appreciate your patience on this.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jon1674 LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using version 2021.001.20138 on a Windows 10 (updated) system. I have clicked Edit>Preferences>Documents>Rememebr current state of Tools Pane,   and I have clicked Preferences>Page Display> Zoom>Fit Width, and I have clicked General>Open PDFs from the last session...

Nothing sticks. If I close Acobate and then double click on the same PDF it open and none of the preferences I selected are checked. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Could you please Check the compatibility Mode settings for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

You can try to Turn off the compatibility mode settings and then try your workflow ?

Here is how you can check those settings

1)     Right click on Acrobat Reader DC icon from the desktop and select “Properties”

2)     Click on “Compatibility” tab and Turn off the Compatibility mode settings(by unSelecting the checkbox for Compatibility mode)

3)      Relaunch  Acrobat Reader DC and see if your Preferences are getting retained now.

You can also send me a snapshot of your compatibility Tab for Acrobat Reader DC at ajain@adobe.com

Let me know if that fixes your concerns ?

-Ayush

Acrobat Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome , thanks !!!! it really worked !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines