• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader doesn't open files at last page viewed

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option 'Restore last view settings when reopening documents' is checked, but it's not working!!! This is very annoying!

Every time I open a file, I need to go to the last page I was reading (because everytime Acrobat Reader opens files at the first page). And I use to enable the left panel with page thumbnails, but everytime I open a file, this panel is closed!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Hi Rodrigo,

To set the enable scrolling as default, you can try the 'Single page continuous' option in 'Page layout' under Preferences.

To set that option, launch the application and go to Edit Menu > Preferences > Page Display.

From the drop down list of Page layout on left, select 'Single page continuous'.

Also, make sure that "Restore last view settings when reopening documents' is unchecked. To check that, go to Preferences > Documents.

Then click OK at bottom of the preference window to save th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi moraes.rodz87,

I have tried to replicate the issue at my end and it is working fine.

Try once to repair the application. Launch the application and go to Help menu > Repair Installation.

Also, check if the application is updated to the latest patch released.

Could you please let us know if it is an issue with a particular file or with all the files.

Try to check the same with other PDFs and let us know if you experience the same.

Please share the exact dot version of the application and OS you are working on.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thanks for your reply!

I tried to repair the installation as you suggested, but the problem persists.

This happens to all the files I open on Acrobat Reader DC. And this is not only on my personal computer, in my work this happens too.

I have the latest version of the application (17.009.20044 ) and my OS is Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks again.

Rodrigo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to apologize and correct my answer.

In fact, the problem happens to all the files of an online course I bought. I made tests with files that are not of this course and the option "restore last view settings" works correctly. So I believe the problem are the course files. Regarding these files, if I make some changes in one of them (like using text highlighter and save the file), then the feature starts to work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try File > Save As...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's a point, although it's not the perfect solution (since I have lots of files from my online course). The ideal would be that this setting just worked, it's strange that some files do not behave according to the settings.

Another question: is there a way to set "View > Page Display > Enable Scrolling" as default for all PDF files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rodrigo,

To set the enable scrolling as default, you can try the 'Single page continuous' option in 'Page layout' under Preferences.

To set that option, launch the application and go to Edit Menu > Preferences > Page Display.

From the drop down list of Page layout on left, select 'Single page continuous'.

Also, make sure that "Restore last view settings when reopening documents' is unchecked. To check that, go to Preferences > Documents.

Then click OK at bottom of the preference window to save the settings.

Now relaunch the application and open the PDF.

Check if this helps.

Note: It can not overwrite preferences settings set on PDF.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very annoying, but even trying "File > Save As", the feature works when I open a file only few times. After this, my file is opened whithout loading the last view settings!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They will never fix this. It has always been a problem.. even here in 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right? How hard is it to save a log file with a path to a document and a variable indicating page number. All of that could be done in the background if Adobe had any sense. But they just keep adding bloat and trash to this once classic app, while ignoring basic functionality. Can you imagine if a Kindle Paperwhite couldn't remember the page number on half the books you purnchased? It's laughable. Adobe is a joke these days, just money grubbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works on most files, but not all. I cannot find wherein the files which do not open to last page viewed differe from those which work well.

So I made a comment on the first page and put in the page number, so when it opens to the first page, I have the right page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Rodrigo.

I had the same issue as you and many others. And I have just fixed!!

It is very simple. Go to Edit > Preferences > Documents > Restore last view settings when reopening documents and check it.

And there is when magic works....

Now, go to Page Display (in Preferences). At the bottom, click OK (to save the restore option!!!!!)

Just that!!! (because there is no save button in documents!!!)

Good Luck!!

Alfredo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix worked! Thank you so much!

I guess you really have to save the settings first before the "restore last view settings" gets applied to the document. Maybe the developers forgot to add an 'ok' button on the document category.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Think i got some update for all of u, for the acrobar DC 2022 it needs to click Save button to save the last state of the page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines