• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader - Mouseover reveal text - Chromebook

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF file which includes hidden text. When you mouseover an area on the left side of the page, the text is revealed. On the Windows Acrobat Reader, this works as expected.

On my Chromebook, I installed the Adobe Acrobat Reader app (from the Google Play store). I can read the PDF file, but when I mouseover the left side of the page the hidden text is not revealed.

Is this feature not available in the Google Play app? Is there any way I can view the hidden text on my Chromebook?

Many thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

I have found a way to view the hidden text on my Chromebook.

It turns out that the Chrome brower native viewer works.

i.e. On my Chromebook I can open the PDF file in the Chrome browser and the hidden text is revealed when I mouseover the area on the left side of the page.

Note that this doesn't work in the Chrome browers "preview" feature. i.e. So you can get it to work by right clicking the pdf file in Files, and opting to view it with "View".

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found a way to view the hidden text on my Chromebook.

It turns out that the Chrome brower native viewer works.

i.e. On my Chromebook I can open the PDF file in the Chrome browser and the hidden text is revealed when I mouseover the area on the left side of the page.

Note that this doesn't work in the Chrome browers "preview" feature. i.e. So you can get it to work by right clicking the pdf file in Files, and opting to view it with "View".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines