• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader not opening

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat reader will not open on my PC. I have run the cleaner tool and reinstalled, I have tried to install in compatibility mode for both windows 7 & 8 (even though I have Windows 10), I have created a new user profile on my PC and I have tried to disable my antivirus software, it still doesn't work. I keep getting an error "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe) but when I open the folder, the application (.exe) file is there. I can not open any pdf's or open Acrobat Reader at all. Have been trying several different things for a number of days now but havent found a solution. Please help!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Hi Tammy,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe' and you have tried alomost all the troubleshooting steps without any luck.

Please try the following steps and see if that helps:

1- Close Reader

2- Hold down Windows key and press R on your keyboard, this will bring up Run dialogue box.

3- Type regedit in the run dialogue box and hit Enter, click Yes when User Account Control

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tammy,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe' and you have tried alomost all the troubleshooting steps without any luck.

Please try the following steps and see if that helps:

1- Close Reader

2- Hold down Windows key and press R on your keyboard, this will bring up Run dialogue box.

3- Type regedit in the run dialogue box and hit Enter, click Yes when User Account Control pop-up appears.

4- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options, delete the key AcroRd32.exe

5- Relaunch Reader and check

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful, thank you so much, it is working now! Dont know why I didnt think of doing this earlier 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are happy  to hear that.

Let us know if you experience any issue and need more help in future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I followed the same steps but found that after current Version i couldnot find image file execution options ,what should i do to solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ihave a very si,ialr problem except that the Acrobat Reader does not open at all.  I don't even get an error message.

About 2 months ago I indtalled Creative Cloud and that's when the trouble started.  I have an online subscription for Adobe Acrobar PDF Pack and also had Reader DC installed.  I could preview PDFs in my emails and open PDFs in Reader.  Now I cannot do any of that.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat reader numberous times.  I have used the cleaning tool, I have evne tried the above solution but do not see the AcroRd32.exe key.

I tried calling support twice and neither time was anyone able to help me except to say check the forums.  I pay a subscription fee for the online tools I need I don't understand why someone at Adobe cannot help me fix this issue.  I am at my wits end.

Any help or advive is greating appreicated.  I am using an Acer laptop with Windows 10.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please forgive the typos in the above message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines