• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader - only printing certain letters/numbers

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recieved an Adobe PDF file from a customer. A rental agreement invoice. When I look at the document on my iMac screen I can see it as a whole. But when I print it, it is only printing a few letters and numbers. I tried deleteing and re-saving to my computer. Is there a trick to print a file like this? PLEASE HELP!

I attached a screenshot of what it looks like on the computer. And then a scan of what comes out when printed.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Mac , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Looks like a problem with the font embedded in the PDF. It's propably damaged. The Acrobat Reader can often fix issues for displaying but for printing a intact font is required. You can try to print the PDF as image. If this doesn't work, ask your customer for a new PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a problem with the font embedded in the PDF. It's propably damaged. The Acrobat Reader can often fix issues for displaying but for printing a intact font is required. You can try to print the PDF as image. If this doesn't work, ask your customer for a new PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kaitlyn,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described above the file is not printing some letters and number

++ adding to the discussion

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Try printing a different PDF file and check.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader Installed? To check the version please use the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Make sure you have the latest version 19.21.20061. Go to Help > Check for updates

Also, as suggested by radzmar, you may try to print the file as an image. Go to Print > Advanced > Print as Image and check

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines