• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader Pro DC (2019.021.20061) not remembering Signature & Initials

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader Pro DC (2019.021.20061) and am facing a problem with Reader not saving Initial and Signature under "Fill and Sign".

For the past several years, I have been using the Fill and Sign tool to put my signature and stamp on PDF documents. I would open the PDF file, click on the Fill and Sign button in the toolbar and then my signature and stamp (under initial) would be there. Now however both Signature and Initial shows an empty button with Add Signature/Add Initial and a + sign. When I click the + sign to add my signature jpg and stamp jpg again, the screen to choose the sign/draw/image tab. I select the Image tab and a File select window pops up. I select the .jpg file for my signature/stamp and click on Apply. The signature/stamp shows up in my document as expected. However, when I click the Fill and Sign button in the toolbar again (even without closing the pdf file), the signature / stamp have disappeared again and I have to again go through the process of clicking +, File, select the .jpg file, etc. Yes, the checkbox for "Save Signature" or "Save Initials" is checked.

I have tried (repeatedly) to restart and reinstall Adobe Acrobat Reader Pro DC, but to no avail. It will not remember my signature/initials.

Hoping someone here has a clue whats going on, or how to troubleshoot this. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody with any clues or suggestions what could be causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have teh same problem with the full version of Acrobat.  Would love if anyone had a clue as to why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I didnt get far with their support on this. Did you have more luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is still happening with version 20.13.20064.405839. sigh. perhaps the solution is to install an order version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah no difference on my end either. Looks like the only way to fix this is to do a factory install of the OS, which I'm not gonna do. I'll wait until my new system is here to try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah. keep us posted on whether your proposed idea works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure that Acrobat Reader is connected with your Adobe ID, otherwise it will not save these settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the tip. i'll give this a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update. even with logging in, my "saved" signatures disappear after
rebooting. haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update 2: seems to be a problem with how Adobe interacts with Win10. today, for all the PDFs that i launched, once i have logged in, my saved signatures are indeed there. weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately as I'm using it on MacOS, my issue does not appear to be related to the solutions provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the issue with Acrobat Pro DC, not just the reader.  Won't open if not logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines