• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat reader quit unexpectedly

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever i click File>Preferences, my adobe will quit unexpectedly. I have tried uninstalling, re-download, everything I could. And also I cannot see the tool bar on my right handside. I will attach a photo here. Please help me guys!!!Acrobat.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to jump on or threadjack, but I have an associate having the same problem, and more. Help!

He was using Adobe Reader 11.x, but this week had problems printing. His old Adobe Reader crashed when printing, when opening preferences, and when trying to markup reader-enabled files. Removed the old Reader, then installed Reader DC latest version. Had same problems. Can print PDFs opening them in Chrome browser, so there's a partial work-around to get him by right now. But Adobe Reader DC, to be kind, is rather unresponsive.

Tried completely dispatching Reader DC with the AcrobatCleaner.exe tool. Said total un-install was successful. Went back to re-install Reader DC with a fresh download and have the same problems. Can open PDFs, but app crashes when trying to print, trying to access preferences, or selecting any markup tool. No error messages; Reader DC just shuts down, and if I choose opens again and opens PDFs just fine. Reader just refuses to do anything with any of multiple PDF files I've tested.

If anyone has suggestions for how to fix/resolve this, I'm all ears. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kyles

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, the application is crashing when you go to File > Preferences

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version refer to the steps provided in the help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html)

Make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20063. Go to Help > Check for Updates

Also please try to repair the installation (For Windows only) Go to Help  > Repair Installation and see if that helps.

@ Randy_Hagan, as described you have tried using the cleaner tool and reinstalling the application and its still crashing. Please try to create a new test user profile in Windows With full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

If it still crashed please collect the crash logs as described (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html) and share them with us for further investigation.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're talking probably middle of next week before I can make that happen, but I'm happy to do so and get back with you.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KyleS122, Randy_Hagan,

We are sorry for the trouble. Please perform the below mentioned steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Update Acrobat to the latest version . Go to Help > Check for Updates. Re-launch Acrobat again after update is complete and check if issue persists
  2. Can you please provide the crash dumps by performing the steps as mentioned here : https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html) and share them with us for further investigation.

For quicker turnaround, please send the crash dump to my work email address : isverma@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

For the Text not visible in your application, can you please check if you have Segoe UI font available on your machine.

Here is how we can check that :

1) go to C:\Windows\Fonts

2) see if "Segoe UI" is available in the list of fonts.

If not, I would request you to please install this particular font on your machine and then give it a try.

Thanks

Ayush Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines