• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader "content preparation progress" window issue

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat Reader DC on an iMac computer a pdf document can be opened, but a second window appears on top called "Content preparation progress. Please wait while the document is being prepared for reading." The window lingers and no noticable action occurs.  I need to close it as a nusiance each time. 

Any fix? 

Warren

[peronal information removed]

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Warrent,

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused. As suggested in the help article here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/message-content-preparation-progress-opening.html kindly refer to the following settings-

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Reading.

and 2. Under "Screen Reader Options" select "Only read the currently visible pages".

Let us know if these changes doesn't help.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encounter this same problem pretty much every time I open a document, also on a Mac. I just looked at the setting you suggested and found it was set to 'For large documents, only read the currently visible pages'. Switching this to 'Only read the currently visible pages' (implicitly for all, rather than only large, documents), seems to have cleared the problem up.

For reference, in my version, Build: 19.21.20061.361316, the setting is under

Preferences/Reading under Acrobat Reader (the leftmost item on the menu bar, not under the Edit menu).

Thanks for your help with this minor but annoying behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue running Acrobat Pro DC (2020.009.20074) on macOS Catalina (10.15.5). Changed the "Reading" preference for "Screen Reader Options" and set it to "Only read the currently visible pages" and the progress dialog no longer appears. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did the recommended action, but then had to restatrt Adobe for it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines