• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader suddenly crashes on Mac

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a month ago I got a new Mac Mojave OS 10.14.6 Everything worked fine and then the other day Adobe Reader just started crashing uexpectedly. Part of the error message(it's very long so only posting some of it  is:

Process: AdobeReader [2576]
Path: /Applications/Adobe Reader.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeReader
Identifier: AdobeReader
Version: 10.1.4 (10.1.4)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: AdobeReader [2576]
User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2020-01-15 10:04:18.359 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G2022)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 82BF2F84-D443-86E0-F9D2-E6202241455C

Logical CPU: 2
Error Code: 0x00000004

Time Awake Since Boot: 89000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000000000002c
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [2576]

VM Regions Near 0x2c:
-->
__TEXT 0000000000001000-0000000000002000 [ 4K] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Applications/Adobe Reader.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeReader

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact error message here, only difference is all my machines are still on High Sierra.

So far, I have nuked and reinstalled the application, ran it as a new user, nuked caches, verified no corrupted fonts, ran it in safe mode, checked memory, disk, you name it.

Happening to five machines here, all started in the last 12 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting because after decades of never a problem it started with me about 48 hours ago. I tired several simiar things but to no avail. Today I removed the applicaiton and am now using Preview to open pdfs. This was after being on a support call for three hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are (were) you using an old obsolete version of Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't speak for op, but my client cannot possibly afford CSC, so they are stuck using CS6. My issue is with Acrobat Pro X, but the reader installed with it also has the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your client chooses to live dangerously with lots of unfixed security bugs, they can at least apply the free updates. Whatever the bug is, Adobe fixed it over 7 years ago. Links at the bottom of here: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/acrobat/kb/install-updates-reader-acrobat.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client doesn't choose to live like this. CSC is too fracking expensive for the little guys. Their pro X version and their reader are both up to date. The reader, being free, is very up to date. Their version of Pro X is as up to date as truly ancient software can be.

So thank you for your useless comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice, if some can't for any reason update to current versions of Acrobat, is to either disconnect from the web, or get rid of old versions of Acrobat and use a different product. Threats don't go away just because you can't afford to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't have to purchase the full creative suite. They can just purchase a license (or a subscription) for Acrobat on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a fix for this. I have a user who is experiencing this as well on adobe acrobat x and do not want to try to rinstall because we cannot get the license key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice is to bin Acrobat X, because of the unfixed and real security issues, and get Acrobat DC. However, if you don't want to do that, then update to the latest Acrobat X, from memory 10.1.16 and this particular thing might go away. (Do not uninstall to update!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response! Ill give the update a shot. Its for a user and they dont want to pay for the subscription of DC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to 10.1.16 worked thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this same issue. Seems to have just occurred in the last couple days. 

No changes have been made to these machines. Trying the update as suggested. 

No options outside of CS6. CC is way to expensive for functionality I do not require.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem..........started happening just this week............both Reader 10.3.1 and Pro 10.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also happened to me this week with Acrobat X Pro (from CS6). THANK YOU @Test_Screen_Name!!!!

Confirmed that installing the dmg at ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/mac/10.x/10.1.16/misc fixes. Thank GOODNESS.

I'm also on Mojave 10.14.6 if that's useful information for anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had exactly the sameproblem with Adobe Acrobat X (Pro) on Mac OS Mojave 14.2.6 - Fantastic! this worked right away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue too. It started ealier today, 21 January 2020. Here's the error message and related code:

Process:               AdobeAcrobat [715]
Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Acrobat X Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeAcrobat
Identifier:            com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro
Version:               10.1.1 (10.1.1)
Code Type:             X86 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           AdobeAcrobat [715]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2020-01-21 19:00:25.456 -0500
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G2022)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        302942BE-A2E4-6E8F-65F6-CB875E9535F2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're runnnig 10.1.1. Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I update to 10.1, the Adobe CS6 won't open and neither will Adobe Acrobat X Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply though. I upgraded to Catalina and lost the ability to use Adobe CS6 and Adobe Acrobat Pro. I had to go into the Apple store to downgrade my system so I could continue us Adobe CS6. I don't want to pay for Adobe Creative Cloud. Here is my MacBook Pro OS:

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 4.38.27 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthew...........You lost me here..........most of us are talking about upgrading the Acrobat Professional program itsself, not the MAC OSX. We have all experienced Acrobat Professional 10.1.1 suddenly failing to work (suuden closures), all within the ten days this has been happening. Acrobat Professional 10.1.1 was part of Adobe CS6........a program suite most of us were running because we do not want the newer expensive and you no longer own cloud version of AdobeCS. So far the only solution anyone has suggested is the workaround to upgrade the Acrobat Pro to 10.1.16. No one has explained why this has suddenly started to happen us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I understand. My apologies. I misread your message. Yes, I'm experiencing the same issue. It began yesterday. Thanks for any insight and help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just got this same problem yesterday; running CS 6 on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 - the issue is with Acrobat Pro v. 10.1.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just noting here that i updated acrobat pro to v. 10.1.16,  rebooted and tried opening acrobat and it did not give any errors and so far hasn't closed.  hoping this fixes the issue but so far, so good. thanks everyone for posting the link for the download; i was looking for an update before and was not able to find a way to download it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines