• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat reader version 8

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I download the Acrobat Reader 8.  I need the .dll from the version 8. 

There is some method that were removed in version 10 (I think). 

Thanks in advance,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

It is possible with Adobe Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Download & Install forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you believe to be removed? Even if you could download it, you cannot mix and match DLL and app from different releases. Any DLLs with Acrobat Reader just talk to the main app, which does the work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually GetPageNum in the AVPageView.  If you look in the SDK 8.0  it's showing a model that has lots of methods...

And maybe to give you a better context, I'm building a simple file (pdf) manager in vb.net (Winforms). 

In the form, you click a reference to a pdf file that get embedded into an AxAcropdf object. At this point, the only thing missing is a method that can get the page number where the user is. (The only thing available is goto Next (or previous).

So I'm looking for a library that would give me the possibility to do so. (get the page number)

P.S: Do not get confused with page count!  (I want current page number).

Thanks again in advance,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible with Adobe Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your prompt response. 

It is very appreciated! 

Regards,

André Gauvreau

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AVPageView is not an OLE model. It is a model for plug-ins written in C++. It has not changed. 

(NB if you want to write a plug-in you will need a license to deploy it, and will need paid-for Acrobat to develop it).

If you want to write for Reader, you have a very, very short list of interfaces. The Acrobat SDK can be thought of as a marketing tool to drive upgrades to paid-for Acrobat, not something for people to get for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bernd, I stand corrected. Both OLE and plug-ins have a (different) AVPageView model. However, other replies are correct; this is not in Reader. Time to upgrade!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines