Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add text-box in Sign&Fill toolbar is not working

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!

I recently ran into the problem when trying to insert  text-box to document (via Sign&Fill toolbar).

Text input appears on the left side of the screenshot, so it's correct behavior.

But unreadable text is immediately inserted when I click left-mouse button on several problem computers.
All PCs have same version of Reader DC (2020.09.20074 Russian) and OS (Windows 10 Pro Russian).

I tried reinstalling software and creating a new user profile - nothing helped.

I would be glad to any advice.

reader_err.png

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ikrevedko

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, the Add text box in the fill and sign tool is not working fine

We tried to reproduce the issue on our end and its working fine. As you have already tried reinstalling the application and using it new test user profile with no success

Please try to repair the installation from thre help menu and see if that works.

You may also try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help article https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that works for you.

Keep us postes with the results

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Repair option in Help menu - no success.

Also tried MS Program Install and Uninstall Tool and removing ProgramData Folder.

Sysinternals ProcMon didn't show anything suspicious 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response.

Please try to create a new test user profile or enable the rrot account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows machine.

Tryed to create new profile, but problem is system-wide and exists in new clean profile too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response

Please make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20043 installed. If not, please try to update the application from the help menu > Check for Updates.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link https://get.adobe.com/reader/

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines