Highlighted

Adding Form Field Answer to Save As file name

New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I know nothing of Javascript and I have tried just about everything out there. With that out of the way....

I have created a form and want to be able to Click a button and for it to save in a specific location with the getField("ASSOCIATE NAME").value + " " + this.getField("Date Completed").value + " " + this.getField("Time").value + ".pdf")

Where do I put this Java script and how do i make the button run it?

Topics

PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adding Form Field Answer to Save As file name

New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I know nothing of Javascript and I have tried just about everything out there. With that out of the way....

I have created a form and want to be able to Click a button and for it to save in a specific location with the getField("ASSOCIATE NAME").value + " " + this.getField("Date Completed").value + " " + this.getField("Time").value + ".pdf")

Where do I put this Java script and how do i make the button run it?

Topics

PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do that. You can either save the file silently under a name you specify (this requires running the code from a trusted context, though), or you can open the Save As dialog, but then you can't specify what will appear in it.

What you can do, though, is display an alert window first where you let the user know under what name to save the file, but you can't force them to actually use it.

PS. In the future please post in the Acrobat forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines