Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat DC continues to freeze upon opening!!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the product stated in
the subject line above.  However when I open a PDF document it tends to
freeze up within seconds of being open.  I have had to uninstall and
reinstall this product on more than one occasion.  When I press
ctrl-alt-delete I notice that under the process tab adobe is running multiple
times.

I believe what may have happened is that I interrupted an
update within the last week.  Having said that, I would have thought
uninstalling and reinstalling this product would correct that problem.  I
am clearly wrong.  I am wondering if something is running in the
background from this interrupted install and this is part of the reason your
product seems to freeze up on me.

I can tell you this has frustrated me now to the point where
I need to reach out for your help.

Anand Sri.

I have looked at the Troubleshooting web page and was not successful in trying to find a solution to my problem.  However, I have decided to try and run the program with an older version of the program.  I will let you know if this is successful.  If not, then I will need to get some additional guidance or have my computer professionally looked at.

Thanks for your continued pursuit to get me the correct answer.

Darren

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat DC continues to freeze upon opening!!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the product stated in
the subject line above.  However when I open a PDF document it tends to
freeze up within seconds of being open.  I have had to uninstall and
reinstall this product on more than one occasion.  When I press
ctrl-alt-delete I notice that under the process tab adobe is running multiple
times.

I believe what may have happened is that I interrupted an
update within the last week.  Having said that, I would have thought
uninstalling and reinstalling this product would correct that problem.  I
am clearly wrong.  I am wondering if something is running in the
background from this interrupted install and this is part of the reason your
product seems to freeze up on me.

I can tell you this has frustrated me now to the point where
I need to reach out for your help.

Anand Sri.

I have looked at the Troubleshooting web page and was not successful in trying to find a solution to my problem.  However, I have decided to try and run the program with an older version of the program.  I will let you know if this is successful.  If not, then I will need to get some additional guidance or have my computer professionally looked at.

Darren

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darrenz,

As per the description above, the Acrobat DC is freezing when you open  PDF, Is that correct?

Please use Acrobat Cleaner tool to uninstall the Acrobat DC: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Restart the computer, and then reinstall the Acrobat DC: Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt response.

Please note that Adobe will freeze whether I open a PDF file or just try to open Adobe Acrobat DC alone.  It does not seem to care which way I am trying to open it.  It also froze when I attempted to open a PDF document on a website versus simply on my computer.

Why do I have to install additional software to uninstall the Adobe Acrobat DC versus just uninstalling if through the Windows method?  On the other hand, will "Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool" you mentioned above find corrupted files that may have been created when I interrupted a previous update download and remove them as well?

Finally, the Adobe Acrobat DC was the free download provided by your sight.  Do the links above provide that free download as well or is there a charge for it.  If there is a charge, what may it be?  Furthermore if, I chose to download the free version will I still run into the problem I have identified in my original posting?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darrenz,

The Acrobat Cleaner Tool removes corrupt files and removes the Acrobat completely  including all the installation file.

The Cleaner toll is a free software, and when you will reinstall the Acrobat DC, sign in with your Adobe Id and password.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I have run the cleaner.  I am uncertain yet if this will correct my problems.

I am wondering when you tell me to log in with my Adobe Id and password if the version of Acrobat DC I can download is also free?  If not, can you please direct me when I may find the free version as I don't use Adobe that much on my personal computer to have to pay an annual or monthly fee?

In addition, if this download requires a serial number can you let me know where I may get that?

I do sincerely appreciate the help!

Darren

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darrenz,

Please download the free Desktop version of Acrobat Reader DC from  Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

The free version of Acrobat Reader DC does not require any serial number.

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 7.

Do I download Reader DC 2017.012.20093 English for Windows or Reader 11.0.10 English for Windows?

Note, in the past I had the first version identified above.  I have also attempted to download the Reader 11.0.10 and it has asked me for a serial number which I do not have.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note:  I downloaded Reader DC 2017.012.20093 English for Windows and this continues to freeze up upon opening.  This is clearly very frustrating as I was hoping there was an easy solution to this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darrenz,

Please try the troubleshooting steps from the link: Troubleshoot errors, freezes | Adobe Reader | Windows

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand Sri.

Darren

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally solved the problem by uninstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and using Microsoft Edge instead, try that method and you will thank me later 🙂

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has been buggy for years now!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2019 0