Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat delay opening pdf documents on shared drive

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Recently I notcied that I have a problem with opening large (more then 7 mb) .pdf files on shared drive , using SMB protocol (windows share) , regardless if windows file serwer is on azure or not, results are the same. I have to wait for 7mb documents to load for more then 15 second. (i am always at the office and using wifi / cable or at VPN connection , results are the same). I did below with hope to fix this but no results :

1. I disabled adobe plugins but the reults were the same

2 Testing on diffrent network - the same issue
3. I disabled "Enable protected mode at startup" and "Enable enhanced security" - slighly helped but not enough
4. downgrade adobe version, but the reults were even worse (adobe crashing)
5. pdf was tested on webdav and smb but results were the same (on cloud/ on prem)
6. Testing with GPO , removing policies - did not helped
7. Stop the hardware rendering on adobe - no effect
8. the problem seems fixed when I copy file on my local drives but thats just workaround for me 

9. I disabled antyvirus but results are the same

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Ver. 20.006.20042.43423 

What I can do to fix this ?

Topics

Download and install, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat delay opening pdf documents on shared drive

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Recently I notcied that I have a problem with opening large (more then 7 mb) .pdf files on shared drive , using SMB protocol (windows share) , regardless if windows file serwer is on azure or not, results are the same. I have to wait for 7mb documents to load for more then 15 second. (i am always at the office and using wifi / cable or at VPN connection , results are the same). I did below with hope to fix this but no results :

1. I disabled adobe plugins but the reults were the same

2 Testing on diffrent network - the same issue
3. I disabled "Enable protected mode at startup" and "Enable enhanced security" - slighly helped but not enough
4. downgrade adobe version, but the reults were even worse (adobe crashing)
5. pdf was tested on webdav and smb but results were the same (on cloud/ on prem)
6. Testing with GPO , removing policies - did not helped
7. Stop the hardware rendering on adobe - no effect
8. the problem seems fixed when I copy file on my local drives but thats just workaround for me 

9. I disabled antyvirus but results are the same

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Ver. 20.006.20042.43423 

What I can do to fix this ?

Topics

Download and install, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?