Highlighted

adobe acrobat reader dc 2019.021.20048 freezes

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question(s) for adobe community 

1. With all the adobe reader releases that have been ongoing. This newest release freezes on majority of my end user base. Has anyone else seen this issue? It locks up just opening the software, not even launching it from a PDF file. It just instally goes to not responding. Anyone have insight on this issue? TIA

2.Also is there a way to set this version and coming up version to auto update? In the older versions my users could go to Help, and check for updates and it would install for them. Now we need to manually push the update out to about 500+ users. Most of them we need to have them close any pdf's they have open prior to pushing the update out as it closes the pdf on them when this is happening. When trying to make sure we are staying in security compliance this is one of the massive headaches is how often adobe updates and manually doing this for all. Thoughts? TIA.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

adobe acrobat reader dc 2019.021.20048 freezes

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question(s) for adobe community 

1. With all the adobe reader releases that have been ongoing. This newest release freezes on majority of my end user base. Has anyone else seen this issue? It locks up just opening the software, not even launching it from a PDF file. It just instally goes to not responding. Anyone have insight on this issue? TIA

2.Also is there a way to set this version and coming up version to auto update? In the older versions my users could go to Help, and check for updates and it would install for them. Now we need to manually push the update out to about 500+ users. Most of them we need to have them close any pdf's they have open prior to pushing the update out as it closes the pdf on them when this is happening. When trying to make sure we are staying in security compliance this is one of the massive headaches is how often adobe updates and manually doing this for all. Thoughts? TIA.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out. As described, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2019.021.20048 freezes, correct?

Please share the crash logs with us so that we can investigate into it more precisely. Please use the steps provided in the link https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html to collect the crash logs.

Also the update process is similar to the older versions go to Help > Check for updates. you may also install the patch from https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the log file however how do you want me to attach this. It said to compress it and make it a zip file, in which i have, please advise. 

W the version 2019.021.20048 there is no option to do help and then update. Any other suggestions? 

2019-10-24 15_14_00-Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Please share the log files through private message. Please click on the message icon on the top right corner of the screen to send the private message.

Thanks 

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There still isnt an option in a private message to attach. We can just close this for now; i will figure out a work around. Thanks for the efforts. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persist. We have a new update released on 24th Oct 2019 version 19.21.20049 with major bug fixes. Please update the application to the latest version go to Help > Check for Updates. 

For more information please refer to the link  https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC