• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC could not open .......

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

First post so forgive the 'newb' if it's in the wrong place or 'dumb'.

I am admin in a Facebook Group who deal with Papercrafting. A lot of our materials come to print at home, predominatly on USB, (although I am aware this is affecting data on 'c' drive as well) A large percentage of our members are experiencing a recent, (since late Dec2020), issue where Adobe is throwing an error, (see below). This is happening on Win 10, Win8 and 7. Personally I cannot recreate it, but after advising members to uninstall, reinstall the latest version, the majority have the issue solved. However a percentage are still experiencing it, wheras they can use alternative pdf readers without issue, and open the affected files without error. I have tried the media on different PC's and have no problems, so in my mind this implies that its a Windows or DC issue.

Is this a Miscrosoft/Adobe issue that needs looked at please. If so has the issue been reported more recently than the other posts on the forum suggests?

Thanks all

150301503_10158271126233075_4890578198684317238_o.jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

From looking at the screenshot error and your last description if this workflow, it seems to me like some users are saving or sharing files through a cloud service and not saving some of these files locally.

Also, as I read in a another thread a month ago, an Adobe employee made a user aware of problems that arise for having parallel installations of both Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Adobe Reader DC in the same computer. It throws all kinds of weird behaviors.

Maybe this is something you cam che

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are those users, who are still experiencing the problem after uninstalling/reinstalling, sharing files in a networked environment via mapped network drives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

No the individuals concerned are on home PC's, and given the nature of the members of the group I admin, the wouldn't even understand your questions. The issue seems to be random, and I find it strange that not all individuals have the issue and other can fix with a simple uninstall/reinstall. I would be very surprised if any of them are on any network other than their home system, and even then I would be surprised if they would have the knowledge how to share files.

For what it's worth I do have a home network with several mapped drives, and I can access the USB locally or on my home network with out issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From looking at the screenshot error and your last description if this workflow, it seems to me like some users are saving or sharing files through a cloud service and not saving some of these files locally.

Also, as I read in a another thread a month ago, an Adobe employee made a user aware of problems that arise for having parallel installations of both Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Adobe Reader DC in the same computer. It throws all kinds of weird behaviors.

Maybe this is something you cam check with your users.

In my opinion, however, I've been using parallel installations of both Acrobat and Reader in my PCs since MS Windows 7 with no problems, except when I enable the Acrobat extension in Internet Explorer 11. This integration is buggy and it also has shown symptoms of hogging the CPU.

Maybe you'll need to do more a little more digging and find out if this issue manifests with specific shared PDFs or with every PDF that they try to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for taking the tme to reply.

I'll take that info back and adjust my advice to them accordingly.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines