Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Display Corruption

New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with my Abode Acrobat Reader DC with version (20.006.20042). Everytime when I opened a file, it can be readed normally but when I wish to copy the words from the PDF file. The PDF file corrupted just like the images below.

Capture.PNG

It is fine when I was using Adobe Acrobat XI Pro to open the same file so it seems to only affecting Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I had tried re-install the program and updated to the latest version. Even I used Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to open other PDF file, it's still the same problem.

Anyone has the same issue with me? My laptop is running Windows 10.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same screen render bug in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2020.009.20065 on Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Like the OP, my documents render perfectly fine until I attempt to select a line. Then the document view corrupts.

MichaelHickeyAU_0-1590801392552.png

I do not have this problem with opening documents in Edge, Chrome or Opera.

Graphics card is a Radeon 5700 XT. Issue spans the life of many updates to the screen drivers.

Observations:

• Affects whole page, not just renderable/searchable text.
  • Affected area appears to color-cycle the corrupt artefacts.
  • Only affects page display area on-screen.
  • Is not fixed by changing any Page Display settings
  • May be temporarily "fixed" if you switch between open documents or click on the document to de-select then Scroll up/Down to re-render hidden parts of the document.
  • I notice that on some occasions when I have been working on several open documents only the most recent documents are affected.

I have no idea how to fix this annoying problem.

MichaelHickeyAU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem happening when I attempt to select text (PC, Windows 11 Pro, Acrobat Pro), I'm glad to have found this thread because it never occurred to me that the graphics card might be to blame.

You see, I'm generating my own PDFs, and I was worried I was doing something wrong.

I will try opening the file on another computer to see if the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines