• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC - Error encountered while BER decoding Digital Signatures

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I work for a hospital and we use  Access Cards/Smart Cards with qualified certificate on it to digitally sign PDF documents. On some PCs, there is a problem with signed document and showing the error: "Error encountered while BER decoding".
First it was captured on PC with Reader DC v20.006.20034, but not on all instalations. Try to update to v20.013.20074 but thats dont fix the problem on curent station.
Using SmartCard in another SW which performs digital signature (PKCS7) on same station is without any problems.

Adding example of failSigned PDF.
Please any sugestion? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I have been trying to digitally sign my PDF, but the moment i punch the token password,the PDF crashes and when i reopen the saved file, my signatures would be invalid. When i try to validate my signatures, it shows a BER encoding error.

Kindly guide on the matter and please help us in this regard.

Kindly do the needful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I have the same issue. Can you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines