• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC - error message for pdf sent via email and dropbox

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error message, have now downloaded the latest version, see the new format, and still the files do not appear in my mail or dropbox.  I'm on a mac, senders are both on a PC. Can anyone help? thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 3.07.05 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Hmm.

If you see an attachment that is an actual pdf file, try saving it without opening it. How you do that exactly varies from one email client to the other but you should have that option. What it sounds like is happening is you are viewing your email in a web browser and your browser is attempting to preview the file in the body of the email but it isn't using Reader. It's using it's own browser. If I had to guess, I would say that this is also supposed to be a form of some type?

In the end, pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears as though you are trying to view the pdf within a browser and not actually opening in Reader, is this correct?

If so, don't try to open the pdf. Download it, open Reader then use File>Open to open the pdf. The browser is probably using it's own pdf viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion. But no, the only attachment is the error message, the actual PDF did not come in. Same with dropbox.

Best~

Katherine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you are doing here. Are you saying you don't see a .pdf as an attachment? Can you run through the exact steps you take to get to these files and try to open them. The message you are getting is generally when you click a link to an attachment to open it and it doesn't see Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message is seen directly in my inbox when I just click on the email. I haven't opened the email or clicked on the attachment. (but when I do nothing is different) Since the error message is a one page PDF, I can see it in the body of the email. It is as if the pfd has converted itself to this message only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.

If you see an attachment that is an actual pdf file, try saving it without opening it. How you do that exactly varies from one email client to the other but you should have that option. What it sounds like is happening is you are viewing your email in a web browser and your browser is attempting to preview the file in the body of the email but it isn't using Reader. It's using it's own browser. If I had to guess, I would say that this is also supposed to be a form of some type?

In the end, probably not an Adobe Reader issue but more a web browser issue. Try and download that pdf file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, thank you! yes, i saved to desktop and clicking to ope resutled in same error, but dropping it into Reader DC worked. I am grateful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome and I'm glad that straightened things out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future visitors of this thread.

In addition what @~graffiti mentioned above. You may read this help page: PDF won’t display. Please wait … why this message is apprearing on your system.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't receive an email with a pdf attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not receive an email with a pdf attached, ehy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered the same issue.  It was my Norton antivirus script control.  I you to deactive the "adobe" part so I wont block whenever I download PDF.  It appears on my iphone with the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I don’t understand what you are saying, sorry. Please explain again about the reactive the adobe part.
Thank You

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines