Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC freezes when opening digitally signed pdf

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently encountered a few instances of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC freezing when trying to open PDFs that have been digitally signed. It's only affecting a handful of users now, but haven't found a common thread between them.

All users are on Windows 10 Enterprise x64 1803

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC v 2019.012.20034

When they first open the PDF the get a blank white AADC window with a grey pop up that shows verifying signatures for a few seconds then that disappears and they're left with just a blank window. The same PDF will open fine on most computers other than these few so far.

Tried:

- Adobe Repair

- Adobe Re-install

- Reboot

- Updated root certificates

My theory is that AADC is timing out somehow when trying to validate some signature(s) on the document, but I haven't found anything different there in the settings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC freezes when opening digitally signed pdf

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently encountered a few instances of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC freezing when trying to open PDFs that have been digitally signed. It's only affecting a handful of users now, but haven't found a common thread between them.

All users are on Windows 10 Enterprise x64 1803

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC v 2019.012.20034

When they first open the PDF the get a blank white AADC window with a grey pop up that shows verifying signatures for a few seconds then that disappears and they're left with just a blank window. The same PDF will open fine on most computers other than these few so far.

Tried:

- Adobe Repair

- Adobe Re-install

- Reboot

- Updated root certificates

My theory is that AADC is timing out somehow when trying to validate some signature(s) on the document, but I haven't found anything different there in the settings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Akki_24 LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrickm,

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

We apologize for the delay in response to your query.

As explained Adobe Reader freezes when a digitally signed pdf is being worked up on. Does it works perfectly with other documents?

If its still has same behavior, you may try these steps to see if that helps-

1- Install the most recent patch of Reader DC, version 2019.012.20035. DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

2-Refer to the steps suggested in the hep article here: Troubleshoot errors, freezes | Adobe Reader | Windows

3- Since you have already uninstalled and reinstalled the application, then for testing, you may try this-

Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Reader

Note: Changing the above security settings could pose security risks. We suggest you to turn it back On once you are done with testing.

Let us know if it still hasn't been resolved for you work.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC