Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC - Hangs after starting

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help; I'm running a new Dell Latitude 7940 with i7, 16gb ram, SSD so reasonable machine, but whenever I start adobe (either by opening a file or just the programme) it hangs for around 10 seconds.  Sometimes when I open a file, it initially lets me scroll down the document for around a second, then hangs for around 10 seconds.

It is really frustrating as I open a lot of PDFs for work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you all,

Regards,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mike!

I am sorry for the trouble you had, please reboot the machine once and check the current version of Adobe Reader installed on the machine. To identify, please refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader DC 19.010.20098 installed, check for any pending updates from help>check for updates, reboot the machine and check.

Are you experiencing the freeze issue with all the PDF files or is it with one specific PDF?

What is the version of the operating system installed?

Try repairing Adobe Reader's installation files from help menu>select Repair installation. Reboot the machine again and check.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Everything up to date; it's Continous Release - 2019.010.20099

I have also repaired.

It even freezes when I open acrobat reader DC without opening a file.

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been seeing the exact same symptom for a couple of months. It's quite annoying. Repairing didn't help me, either. Sometimes, but not always, Windows puts "Not Responding" in the title bar for a little while.

I have taken to just leaving Reader running all the time to avoid this symptom at startup. But a fix would be better.

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit running Continuous Release - 2019.010.20099. The only added "Tool" I have purchased is Export PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see there's another thread ​about the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines