• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installation fails Windows 10

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problems started a few weeks ago when I began to get the error "Acrobat failed to load a .dll" on openung a PDF. My system offered to use MS Edge as the default PDF viewer which I accepteed but I would prefer to have Acrobat Reader. When my first update attempt failed I went to uninstall Reader from Programs and Features but it was not in the list but it was still in the Adobe folder in C:\Program Files (x86) I then used the Adobe removal cleaner to remove it. But Reader DC will still not install either from direct download or with either Chrome, Firefox or MS Edge. The download/installation bar gets to around 60% and fails every time . I use Windows Security anti virus and Malwarebytes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have moved your question from Get Started to Acrobat Reader where the concerned experts will see it.

Ensure your computer user profile has full administrative level permissions.  Or try creating a new user account. 

To rule out a conflict with other programs, try booting up in Safe Mode and see if you can install.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, In Safe Mode using the Acrobat installer I get the same fail as before. If I use a direct download I get the message "windows Installer is not available in Safe Mode. If I go back to normal mode and try to install the same direct download I get Error 1305 which is related to the file AcroRead.msi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines