Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Newer version already installed, Error 1722

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, All,

Trying to install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Version 2019.012.20036) on a Windows 8 HP Laptop. I disabled my Anti-Virus software (Avast). It goes thru the installation process and at the end it gives me an error message, "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Newer version already installed." Then when I click the finish button, the installer takes me to an Adobe web page with the message, "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC did not install successfully."

I tried to remove Reader through Control Panels/Programs and Featuresbut it is NOT in the list of installed programs. At this
point I am completely without Adobe Reader.

I'm stumped!

TOPICS
Download and install , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Hello Carinay,

We're sorry for the trouble, please refer and try the suggestion from the following help article Error 1722 with Windows installer package of Acrobat DC

Also, update for C runtime in Windows, refer to the following URL for obtaining the Windows update https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows

Reboot the machine and try installing Adobe Reader and check.

let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time i install adobe after i reinstall my windows, but it show error Newer version already installed. I have try clean tool, restart, unplug, but it still the same. And i contact the live chat, they not able to help me too.

May i know how to solve this problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Carinay,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, please reboot the machine once and use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove any corrupt or conflicting installation files of Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine again and download the setup of Adobe Reader from the URL ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/1901020064/

File: AcroRdrDC1901020064_de_DE.exe

Once the setup is downloaded, Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘properties’.

Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/7/XP operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

Once this is done, restart the computer and locate the setup of Adobe Reader, right-click on it and choose 'Run as Administrator'.

If the issue persists, please create a test user profile with full admin rights and install Adobe Reader from the above FTP link and check.

What is the version of the operating system installed?

Do you have any security software installed? What is the version of the security software?

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Carinay,

We're sorry for the trouble, please refer and try the suggestion from the following help article Error 1722 with Windows installer package of Acrobat DC

Also, update for C runtime in Windows, refer to the following URL for obtaining the Windows update https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows

Reboot the machine and try installing Adobe Reader and check.

let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manage to install after windows update. Thank...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,I have the same problem ,please guide me through it .Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file for Windows 7 says unavailable or moved. Please help. I have been working on this issue for over 8 hours now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am growing to truly hate adobe reader.  I have spent hours trying to install it.  I originally had some form of adobe reader on my computer but it didn't let me copy and/or take a snap-shot. I therefore uninstalled it and then went to adobe to install again (looking for a version that was different).  When I tried I was told that a newer version was already on my machine. I followed the answer above and used the cleaner tool and then re-started but I am still told that I already have a newer version on my machine. I have looked in my program files and can see no adobe folder.  This is driving me mad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.

I have used Revo uninstaller and the Adobe cleaner tool to remove any remnants of Acrobat Reader (or any Adobe products) and I still get the sae error message as you. I have Windows 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines