Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC not opening

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On one of the comptuers I manage, I had to install Reader. I did this in the admin account on the PC. On that account, Reader opens fine and will open PDFs no problem. However, when the main user for that PC tries to open Reader in their account, it won't start up. The "allow Reader to make changes" dialog pops up but after that the PDF won't ever open. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting, and opening other PDFs. Does anyone know what could be an issue?

This user also uses TeXmaker and MikTex, which is what I am thinking might be an issue. However, the admin account also has these things installed so why would it work there and not on the main user's account?

Thanks!

Topics

Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting, View PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC not opening

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On one of the comptuers I manage, I had to install Reader. I did this in the admin account on the PC. On that account, Reader opens fine and will open PDFs no problem. However, when the main user for that PC tries to open Reader in their account, it won't start up. The "allow Reader to make changes" dialog pops up but after that the PDF won't ever open. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting, and opening other PDFs. Does anyone know what could be an issue?

This user also uses TeXmaker and MikTex, which is what I am thinking might be an issue. However, the admin account also has these things installed so why would it work there and not on the main user's account?

Thanks!

Topics

Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting, View PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?