• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC not printing

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues getting acrobat reader printing on a client's Windows 10 PC.

They can click print and the print box comes up. Then when they click print, it disappears with no sign of the document appearing in the print queue.

I am able to print the exact PDF documents fine with Windows Edge Browser, or using Quick Print from file explorer. All other programmes on the computer are printing fine. It is just Acrobat Reader DC that has the issue.

The Reader is up to date according to the Check for Updates.

Adobe Version 2019.008.20081

I have tried repairing the Acrobat install and that still does not fix it.

The printer is attached to the computer via a USB cable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Hello Woodwardit,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once and then try printing the PDF file as 'Print as an Image', for steps, you may refer to the help article Print PDF as image | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Are you/your clients are facing this print issue with all the PDF files or it is specific to one PDF file?

Make sure that you/your client have the latest firmware/driver of the printer installed.

What is the make and model of the printer installed? If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Woodwardit,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once and then try printing the PDF file as 'Print as an Image', for steps, you may refer to the help article Print PDF as image | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Are you/your clients are facing this print issue with all the PDF files or it is specific to one PDF file?

Make sure that you/your client have the latest firmware/driver of the printer installed.

What is the make and model of the printer installed? If the printer has the wireless feature, try connecting the printer wirelessly and see if this brings any difference.

You may also refer and try the suggestions from the following help article Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

Reset Adobe Reader's preferences and reboot the machine, to reset the preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

If the issue persists, use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Make sure that the connected printer is the default printer in Adobe Reader and then try printing the PDF files.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all of this on my computer and no luck is there any fixes for this yet I have been down for 2 days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem. it says Adobe not responding. I urgently need to print something off today. I have been unable to print anything for 2 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Help > Check for Updates finds none, don't believe it.

• Go directly to https://get.adobe.com/reader/
  • Download and install the new Acrobat Reader.
  • Retry you printing with a completely new Reader and rejoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir,

I have not been able to print my pdF documents from Adobe Acrobat Pro DC since 2019 Dec. Each time I click print, nothingshow up to print. Now I have to email and attach the PDF and print from hotmail. It is very frustrating. Pls advise me what is the solution to enable Acrobat to print again. I am making payment each month for this licence. Pls advise. Thank you. Fm Angeline 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried them all... No luck. Only happens with some files. It says printing but progress stays at 0%.. nothing goes to printer. Tried 3 different drivers. Printer is Xerox Phaser 6180DN, connected to router, OS Win 10 64bit. All patched uptodate including Acrobat Reader. Files print fine in Edge, Brave, Chrome without problem. Not a major problem, just inconvenient. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems after installing adobe pro. Any info on the fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm have the same problem it will not print, I have tried everything on here and no luck if its not fixed soon I'm going to cancel my account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem except when I select print the print box comes up with the correct printer selected.  It then wants to save the document and will not print.  This happens with all docs from Reader DC.  I can print any of the same docs from Explorer.

Solution please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat! I need to use Acrobat so I can print with cut lines arcoss multiple sheets. But it asks to save, shows a progress bar for a second, then goes away. Nothing printed, nothing in my Printing Queue, but all other software works (Word, Google Docs, printing directly from webpage).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You described my issue exactly the same and did a much better job. Thanks!

--
*L. Lee Hoyt *
*1741 Sefa Circle East*
*Jacksonville FL, 32210*
*904.476.6921*
*leehoyt@gmail.com *
*leehoyt@comcast.net *

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the same issue with Acrobat Acrobat Reader DC Pro. I have tried to print as image, but the quality is bad. App is up to date and driver of Printer installed correctly. Please give us the solution! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just posted a soultion below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Just found a possible solution. Go to Advanced Print Settings, and un-check the box saying Print to File:

Steve22142546vkko_0-1638925241569.png

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a very similar problem.  In my case, I had just installed a printer, via USB cable. Other programs printed normally. After having the print problem with Reader, I rebooted and was able to print normally from Reader DC on Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines