Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC - Print Advanced Search Result Pages

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I´m using an advanced search on multiple PDFs with around 50 pages each. Every Single page contains a single Name and other informations regarding that specific Name. So for every person there exists only one page in those PDFs.

For example I need to print the pages regarding 20 different names and they are spread over multiple different pdfs I made a boolean search that finds and indexes those pages in the search results. Now I want to print only the pages found in the search results, how am I able to do that in one print? Or is this even possible? I´ve read about saving the search results as a PDF or CSV in Adobe Acrobat Pro but in my understanding this means only the search result index and not the pages containing the search result. 

Thank you very much in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to print the search results list, tell me how

Everlearner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you ever find a solution to print only the pages found in the search results at the same time? Or in one print?

Thanks,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

no, still waiting for a solution 😕

I guess it´s not intended to work that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even though my Username changed, I´m still the OP 🙂

Just to let you know how long I´ve been searching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, I did not. What I want is to be able to print the results from
searching for things.

Do you know how?

Thanks
God loves you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you mentioned, in Acrobat you can export the results to a CSV file, and then it's possible to use a script to parse that file and extract those pages mentioned in it for saving or printing purposes. This can be achieved using this (paid-for) tool I've created: http://try67.blogspot.com/2011/02/acrobat-print-pages-from-csv-search.html

However, since Reader is not capable of producing this CSV file, it can't be done there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for caring for my learning curve. Unfortunately, you are way over
my head. I can look up those words, parse and

Can't remember what else I was going to say and I believe I've already
answered. I'm sorry, getting old aint all good.
God loves you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bottom line is it's not possible with the free Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Addendum: At least, not if you use the built-in Advanced Search command. It is possible by using a custom-made script that searches the file and then prints just those pages with matches, but this kind of search is much more slow than the built-in version and tends to fail on large files.

If this is something you're interested in hiring someone to do for you, though, feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines