Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC repeatedly asking for sign in and verification code??

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I am Zack Lloyd and i have been using Adobe Acrobat Reader for years to read pdf files, but recently it seems to make me get a security code texted to my phone and sign in when I want to read a document....

This is connfusing to me, and I was directed here by Chat Support because I did not have a subscription, to get support for this problem. I was informed in chat that Adobe is no longer providing direct support for the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, as well as many other free to use applications, and that I would need to post my question in these community forums.

In any case, what is occurring is that some documents are requiring a sign in and security check when i first open them using the reader, but then they will open without problem after the initial check. This is more an annoyance than anything else, because I know my login information, but it is confusing to me, and I would appreciate an explanation, if one is available please.

Oh yes, and Thanks in advance!!

PS. I got an answer to this from a previous posting here on the same topic, so this can be ignored

Topics

General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC repeatedly asking for sign in and verification code??

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I am Zack Lloyd and i have been using Adobe Acrobat Reader for years to read pdf files, but recently it seems to make me get a security code texted to my phone and sign in when I want to read a document....

This is connfusing to me, and I was directed here by Chat Support because I did not have a subscription, to get support for this problem. I was informed in chat that Adobe is no longer providing direct support for the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, as well as many other free to use applications, and that I would need to post my question in these community forums.

In any case, what is occurring is that some documents are requiring a sign in and security check when i first open them using the reader, but then they will open without problem after the initial check. This is more an annoyance than anything else, because I know my login information, but it is confusing to me, and I would appreciate an explanation, if one is available please.

Oh yes, and Thanks in advance!!

PS. I got an answer to this from a previous posting here on the same topic, so this can be ignored

Topics

General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the answer you found or a link to the thread that contains it, in case someone with the same issue finds this thread...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
zlloyd1 LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@try67

It was not really a solution truthfully, just an explanation of sorts, which I finally decided to accept, but in any case, here is the link - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/re-access-restricted-issue/m-p/10982929?page=1#M64063

As I said, this was not really a fix to the issue, just a reason why it is happening!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC